Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com
  www.dollartree.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Not bad, but needs more perks for the amount of effort we put in.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Glens Falls, NY
Current Employee - Store Manager in Glens Falls, NY

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Cut and dry...monthly planner tells you what needs to be done, just do it and roll along. Decent assistant manager program to help manage my store.

Cons

Terrible bonus program...sometimes unreachable. I also wish I had some control of employee pay, so I don't have to ask for so much effort, and pay so little. Upper management (regional) prefers to come off threatening vs. helpful, making for a lot of stress when we know they're coming to visit a store.

Make manager bonus attainable...not fair if you max on margin bonus but don't get it because you miss the sales bonus, so you get nothing at all. Also, allow a window of pay that we can hire within based on the skills associates bring to the table so everyone isn't operating at the same pay, when we all know they don't operate at the same skill level.

648 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Best job ive had part time

Former Employee - Cashier in New Philadelphia, OH
    Former Employee - Cashier in New Philadelphia, OH

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easiest job I've had part time. Corporate enough but also laid back. Easy to work with other employees because there arent that many but enough that you can request off if need be. worked there during college for a year, easy, not stressful unless holidays.
    Wish i would have bugged manager more about transferring when i transferred colleges.
    managers are not too rude . don't be short on drawer and don't be rude. i dont know how else youd get fired.

Cons

Pay is minimum wage but to be expected. can be very boring at times but low stress so who cares. holidays can be stressful but they hire extra help. customers can be shady but whatever.

don't fight between each other. dont bring others into it.

Improvements needed. Policymakers should work their own "Laws" in an inner-city store...

Current Employee - Ft Assistant Store Manager in Moultrie, GA
    Current Employee - Ft Assistant Store Manager in Moultrie, GA

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

guaranteed at least min. of 35 hrs. per week
    most customers are great

Cons

must punch for breaks but usually won't get, low pay, not enough people working at same time, freight and work load to heavy, etc scedules Always subject to change and called in on day off.
    some of the regular customers can be very arrogant and huge butts
    parents with children let their kids run loose while they are destroying the store
    customers on cell phones at any given time during their shopping trip even while checking out or asking where something is located...and on and on and on...

More payroll hours given to employ at least 2 cashiers and managment at ALL given open hours of business...even when slow. Better way and "tools" to make truck unload easier on all our backs.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree