There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

A lot of work for little pay

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Operations Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty to do to keep you busy throughout the day.

Cons

It's a lot of work. Even though you are an operations manager, you are spending most of your time stocking shelves and unloading freight from trucks. Most of the time you are understaffed and it is just you and 1 other employee in the store.

Advice to Management

Change your price points and focus more on training and customer service.

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

Best job ive had part time

Former Employee - Cashier in New Philadelphia, OH
    Former Employee - Cashier in New Philadelphia, OH

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easiest job I've had part time. Corporate enough but also laid back. Easy to work with other employees because there arent that many but enough that you can request off if need be. worked there during college for a year, easy, not stressful unless holidays. Wish i would have bugged manager more about transferring when i transferred colleges. managers are not too rude . don't be short on drawer and don't be rude. i dont know how else youd get fired.

Cons

Pay is minimum wage but to be expected. can be very boring at times but low stress so who cares. holidays can be stressful but they hire extra help. customers can be shady but whatever.

Advice to Management

don't fight between each other. dont bring others into it.

2. Summer Job

Former Employee - Store Associate in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Store Associate in Allen, TX

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are two Dollar Trees in my city, and I was working at the nicer one. We kept our location much nicer than the other one, and I could tell this because people were often surprised when they walked in. They also complimented us. I've heard a lot of bad reviews about Dollar Tree employees having to work through breaks without pay, but I never experienced that while I was there.

Cons

The downside of my experience there was a schedule that changed weekly. It would have been nice to have a consistent schedule. Another downside is they only pay minimum wage, but from my experience it's an alright starter job.

Advice to Management

Either schedule more employees or expect employees to do less on their shifts; it can get very busy and messy in the store. Sometimes it's impossible for the number of employees that are there to get everything done that needs to be done.