There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree Management

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Ability to make own schedule.

Cons

work-family life balance poor. 3 weekends a month, 2 nights a week, 47.5 hours minimum a week, must work every first of the month weekend, no holidays off, 6 days a week during Christmas if you need to be there or not(no comp days in repayment of extra time), stressful work environment, and outrageous work expectations without proper payroll to accomplish goals.

Accountability should start with the District Managers, making sure they are available to store managers and are knowledgeable about Dollar Tree processes and back office work. District trainers need to be competent and doing their job, so seasoned managers are not burdened by asking an overabundance of questions from new managers not properly trained thrown into stores.

575 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

A lot of work for little pay

Former Employee - Operations Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plenty to do to keep you busy throughout the day.

Cons

It's a lot of work. Even though you are an operations manager, you are spending most of your time stocking shelves and unloading freight from trucks. Most of the time you are understaffed and it is just you and 1 other employee in the store.

Change your price points and focus more on training and customer service.

Not bad, but needs more perks for the amount of effort we put in.

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Glens Falls, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Glens Falls, NY

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Cut and dry...monthly planner tells you what needs to be done, just do it and roll along. Decent assistant manager program to help manage my store.

Cons

Terrible bonus program...sometimes unreachable. I also wish I had some control of employee pay, so I don't have to ask for so much effort, and pay so little. Upper management (regional) prefers to come off threatening vs. helpful, making for a lot of stress when we know they're coming to visit a store.

Make manager bonus attainable...not fair if you max on margin bonus but don't get it because you miss the sales bonus, so you get nothing at all. Also, allow a window of pay that we can hire within based on the skills associates bring to the table so everyone isn't operating at the same pay, when we all know they don't operate at the same skill level.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!