Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Ok for the short term to get something better

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work if you are female. They tend to promote women more than men from what I saw over five years.
My experience there landed me a better paying job doing less work.
If you are in with your DM and not dumber than a rock you WILL get promoted.

Cons

They base all of the employees minus the manager hours by weekly sales. This means you can be cut at any time if sales are down for any reason. They do not want cashiers working more than 15 hours, but it happens all the time, Trucks are unloaded by piece, nothing comes on a pallet and it takes 1-3 hours to do each truck. You never really know when it will show up meaning the freight crew is on call all day for up to two days. Cashiers are also the stockers because there is never enough hours to run a freight crew unless you are in a very large store. They keep track of how many boxes you put up in a public forum. If you suck, everyone will know.

Do not making Managers work 60 hours from November till after Christmas and then give them nothing for it. We use to get comp days but they got rid of those.

714 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

major policy breeches but they are overlooked because of the friendship between D.M. and store manager.

Former Employee - Freight Manager in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Freight Manager in Worcester, MA

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

if you can tollerate berating and backstabbing, this is the place for you.

Cons

refering complaints to asset protection have fallen on deaf ears. major issues re: illegal sick pay etc.

All complaints should be investigated.

Part time assistant manager, IL

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

its a job... love to work with customers., for the most part its flexible schedule (holidays, inventory time are an exception). getting to meet new people. we currently got a frozen and dairy section so it was nice to help with set up.

Cons

have to work open to close on Sunday's, work full time hours without the bonus full time gets!! Full time managers get bonuses for work they don't do by themselves, yet part time managers work like full time manages but NO bonus for us!! . And the pay sucks!! I have a cashier that makes about a dollar less than me, I have a lot more responsibility than they do yet they get paid just about as much as me!! Having to close almost every time I work, I don't have time for my daughter, mainly see her while I'm helping her in the am getting ready for school, and by time I get home she is already sleeping.

You need to give all management bonuses!! Without "all " managers the store manager would not be where he/she is!! It takes a team not a single person to run a store!! Same with cashiers, I feel they deserve a little something to show they are good workers. Remember TEAM does not have an I in it..

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree