There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Mind Numbing.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Dollar Tree

Pros

You will get hired if you are able bodied. The work is easy, and you get to talk to customers if you like people.

Cons

The work environment was messy. A lot of nepotism in the place where I worked. Low pay, and your hard work doesn't get noticed.

Your employees need to be treated with respect and dignity like everyone else. Trim down middle management.

600 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

I loved working for Dollar Tree. My district Manager Deana was the best person to work for and with!!!!!!!

Former Employee - Dollar Tree Store Manager in Jonesville, MI
    Former Employee - Dollar Tree Store Manager in Jonesville, MI

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Dollar Tree was amazing!! I started there as a shy timid 19 year old girl and left there a very outspoken and driven 25 year old women. I opened a store in Jonesville MI and it was the best experience of my life!! Hiring training and working side by side with my own team was amazing. I was very blessed to have selected such an amazing group of people. I learned so much with Dollar Tree from the business end of things and schematics all the way to really making your customers feel like they mattered. I will carry the things I learned within that company with me for the rest of my life. I learned how to be a bold, confident, outgoing, strong willed business woman there.

Cons

The only con is the jealousy factor that took place. Had a certain store manger not been upset that I was taking over her store after my temporary step down, I would have never left the company. I wanted to work my way as far up the chain as I could. She pretended to be fine with it and acted happy for me but was behind my back trying to get cashiers to lie about me so she could get me fired. All of our cashiers loved me so they would tell me everything. My DM was stuck between a rock and a hard place so I very sadly very graciously walked away before the name I had worked so hard to build was destroyed.

Keep your good employees and get rid of the bad. Don't be afraid of demoting someone just because you don't want to bruise there ego or hurt their feelings........after all not everyone is true tree material!!!

Okay experience working here, a lot of work.

I have been working at Dollar Tree

Pros

Flexible schedule, pretty easy going.

Cons

A lot of work, and sometimes have to deal with rude customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree