Assistant manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Can't really think of any.

Cons

Over worked. Upper management steps on lower management. They expect miracles with minimal hours. Unrealistic breaks and lunches, you never get a real one. I bet a corporate employee couldn't even run one of these stores and if they tried they would understand what we go though.

Pay better and maybe you'd see realistic results. Bring the music back stop being cheap...

Other Reviews for Dollar Tree

As much as I complain about working here I can't seem to leave.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pay store managers good, and good bonuses and you gain a lot of useful experience.

Cons

Assistant managers don't get paid very well, associates don't ever get raises no matter how long they've worked there. The store is ran by a corporation that isn't always reliable.

Let store managers make more decisions about their stores, not all stores are the same due to demographics. All store should have cameras! For many reasons. When employees and customers are caught stealing they should be charged with a crime, employees need to be made an example of if they steal. And in bad neighborhoods the word gets around if its easy to steal from certain stores, some people don't even care if you know they're stealing they just know that nobody will go after them. Associates need some incentive to work well, raises and rewards should be offered to those who deserve it, I've seen too many good people quit because they feel unappreciated by the company, if they were to get a decent raise for their hard work it would pay for its self. Also when a new associate or assistant manager is hired there are never any training hours so they begin work without enough knowledge or training. Also there should be a better way to train new employees, and assistant mangers, for example I used to work at a store where all new cashiers spent a 40 hour week just training before they were able to work.

Good for a student job, not much else

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Store and assistant managers were great
    Flexible schedule, can ask for days off
    Short shifts

Cons

No raises, pay is terrible for the amount of work you are expected to perform
    In most stores there are only two employees on any given shift
    Part time workers get few hours and no benefits
    Registers and work equipment is in terrible shape

As a part time worker I've never had problems getting my breaks and lunch hour, but I have noticed that the managers get stuck missing theirs half of the time. Since many Dollar Tree stores only have one Associate and one Manager working at a time, it often happens that the managers will need to work through their breaks in order to get through a rush or solve a customer's problem. They need to work out a better system.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!