Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com
  www.dollartree.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Good for a student job, not much else

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Winston-Salem, NC
Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Store and assistant managers were great
Flexible schedule, can ask for days off
Short shifts

Cons

No raises, pay is terrible for the amount of work you are expected to perform
In most stores there are only two employees on any given shift
Part time workers get few hours and no benefits
Registers and work equipment is in terrible shape

As a part time worker I've never had problems getting my breaks and lunch hour, but I have noticed that the managers get stuck missing theirs half of the time. Since many Dollar Tree stores only have one Associate and one Manager working at a time, it often happens that the managers will need to work through their breaks in order to get through a rush or solve a customer's problem. They need to work out a better system.

646 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Part time assistant manager, IL

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

its a job... love to work with customers., for the most part its flexible schedule (holidays, inventory time are an exception). getting to meet new people. we currently got a frozen and dairy section so it was nice to help with set up.

Cons

have to work open to close on Sunday's, work full time hours without the bonus full time gets!! Full time managers get bonuses for work they don't do by themselves, yet part time managers work like full time manages but NO bonus for us!! . And the pay sucks!! I have a cashier that makes about a dollar less than me, I have a lot more responsibility than they do yet they get paid just about as much as me!! Having to close almost every time I work, I don't have time for my daughter, mainly see her while I'm helping her in the am getting ready for school, and by time I get home she is already sleeping.

You need to give all management bonuses!! Without "all " managers the store manager would not be where he/she is!! It takes a team not a single person to run a store!! Same with cashiers, I feel they deserve a little something to show they are good workers. Remember TEAM does not have an I in it..

I wouldn't wish this type of behavior on anyone!

Former Employee - Assistant F/T Store Manager in Zephyrhills, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant F/T Store Manager in Zephyrhills, FL

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the customers the most, they were friendlier and more understanding when glitches would occure from the old registars, LOL. I would then say the actual company is next, very understanding when time off needed in an emergency or short notice. Corporate was wonderful with prompt attention to paycard issues down to ordering items that our customers wanted in stock in the store.

Cons

They allow D.M's to come into the store suspend someone until further notice without conducting a full investigation about the problem at hand. Then to top it off u keep callin to find out information on what's going on with ur job and no one can tell u anything. After a few months you decide to file for unemplyment and they want to object to paying cause u were told u were fired. Unemployment contacts you to have a phone interview so they investigate more than Dollar Tree. Well I won my case fortunately and I didn't do the horrible thing that they said I did. Oh, yea, I didn't steal 2 items totaling $2.14.

Don't take the word of a person just because they are higher ranked than another individual. Treat all persons with respect and fairness equally.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree