Fast Paced

Current Employee - Store Manager in Newport News, VA
Current Employee - Store Manager in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fair pay for store manager position.

Cons

Heavy workload, conditions of backrooms , be fair in what you ask to be accomplished.

Advice to Management

Pay hourly employees their fair share. We cannot expect to maintain quality employees who want to stay with us, if we don't at least provide them with pay that will allow them to pay their bills.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Very chill environment.

Former Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier in Indian Trail, NC
    Former Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier in Indian Trail, NC

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good people - Will work with you schedule-wise - You stay busy but not stressed - Short 4 hours shifts

Cons

- The pay - Some of the customers - The store gets very messy and takes lots of time to clean up - Stay on top of break schedule

I wouldn't wish this type of behavior on anyone!

Former Employee - Assistant F/T Store Manager in Zephyrhills, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant F/T Store Manager in Zephyrhills, FL

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the customers the most, they were friendlier and more understanding when glitches would occure from the old registars, LOL. I would then say the actual company is next, very understanding when time off needed in an emergency or short notice. Corporate was wonderful with prompt attention to paycard issues down to ordering items that our customers wanted in stock in the store.

Cons

They allow D.M's to come into the store suspend someone until further notice without conducting a full investigation about the problem at hand. Then to top it off u keep callin to find out information on what's going on with ur job and no one can tell u anything. After a few months you decide to file for unemplyment and they want to object to paying cause u were told u were fired. Unemployment contacts you to have a phone interview so they investigate more than Dollar Tree. Well I won my case fortunately and I didn't do the horrible thing that they said I did. Oh, yea, I didn't steal 2 items totaling $2.14.

Advice to Management

Don't take the word of a person just because they are higher ranked than another individual. Treat all persons with respect and fairness equally.