There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Fast Paced

Current Employee - Store Manager in Newport News, VA
Current Employee - Store Manager in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fair pay for store manager position.

Cons

Heavy workload, conditions of backrooms , be fair in what you ask to be accomplished.

Pay hourly employees their fair share. We cannot expect to maintain quality employees who want to stay with us, if we don't at least provide them with pay that will allow them to pay their bills.

603 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Very chill environment.

Former Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier in Indian Trail, NC
    Former Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier in Indian Trail, NC

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Good people
    - Will work with you schedule-wise
    - You stay busy but not stressed
    - Short 4 hours shifts

Cons

- The pay
    - Some of the customers
    - The store gets very messy and takes lots of time to clean up
    - Stay on top of break schedule

As much as I complain about working here I can't seem to leave.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pay store managers good, and good bonuses and you gain a lot of useful experience.

Cons

Assistant managers don't get paid very well, associates don't ever get raises no matter how long they've worked there. The store is ran by a corporation that isn't always reliable.

Let store managers make more decisions about their stores, not all stores are the same due to demographics. All store should have cameras! For many reasons. When employees and customers are caught stealing they should be charged with a crime, employees need to be made an example of if they steal. And in bad neighborhoods the word gets around if its easy to steal from certain stores, some people don't even care if you know they're stealing they just know that nobody will go after them. Associates need some incentive to work well, raises and rewards should be offered to those who deserve it, I've seen too many good people quit because they feel unappreciated by the company, if they were to get a decent raise for their hard work it would pay for its self. Also when a new associate or assistant manager is hired there are never any training hours so they begin work without enough knowledge or training. Also there should be a better way to train new employees, and assistant mangers, for example I used to work at a store where all new cashiers spent a 40 hour week just training before they were able to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree