Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com

Poor management values

Store Manager (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsVery few, shorter work week than competition.

ConsOverstocked stores, no control over merchandise being sent. Employee turnover is high because of low pay and high stress. Urban locations can not be kept clean, customers trash the stores faster than they can be straightened.

District manager insisted I return to work the day after my mothers funeral, which was 700 miles away and a 12 hour drive. This, after approving a three week leave. No respect is given to the employees, they are just another commodity to be used and discarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to work in the stores. Your money is made in the stores, not the corporate offices.

A terrible place

Stocker (Former Employee) McAllen, TX

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time for more than a year

Pros: You are able to get hired without experience. Cons: Where do I start? -You need to do X amount of boxes in a certain amount of time, they don't care… Advice to Senior Management: Remove the appleseed. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Nice company for a first job

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time

Pros: Fast paced, good hours, respectful Cons: Managers, high turnover rate, uniforms Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Dollar Tree.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!