Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com

Don't open a store for Dollar Tree as a new employee.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsThe orientation covered everything about working at Dollar Tree including breaks, loss prevention, how employees should be treated with respect and an understanding that it will take you a while to learn new skills. Will hire anyone for entry level positions.

ConsThe fact that management doesn't care about their own advice, disrespects their employees by yelling down to them, shooting the breeze with each other during work time and the sporadic part time hours. Also the management was on different pages and had no coordination what so ever. Lack of full time opportunities. Felt no respect as an employee. Minimum salary for a lot of work to open up a new store.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and have patience teaching them new skills especially when your having them do something drastic like stock an entire store in less then a week understaffed and under equipped.

A terrible place

Stocker (Former Employee) McAllen, TX

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time for more than a year

Pros: You are able to get hired without experience. Cons: Where do I start? -You need to do X amount of boxes in a certain amount of time, they don't care… Advice to Senior Management: Remove the appleseed. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Poor management values

Store Manager (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very few, shorter work week than competition. Cons: Overstocked stores, no control over merchandise being sent. Employee turnover is high because of low pay and high stress. Urban locations can not be kept… Advice to Senior Management: Take time to work in the stores. Your money is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Dollar Tree.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!