Dollar Tree
www.dollartree.com Chesapeake, VA 5000+ Employees

Poor Culture and low appreciation for employees will continue to drive away Good workers.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
McDonough, GA

Prosyou earn stock shares after 2 years.

ConsThey fail to provide hours to make sure the store is properly recovered, stocked, and registers open. the store I worked in started experienced cashiers and stockers a minimum wage. no bonus participation for Part-time ASM unless grandfathered in to .

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow up with new MIT's to make sure they are being trained properly, or assign good mentors. You need a much better training program, because, across the board, it's pretty bad...Take care of problems in store quickly, and stop letting problem people fester a in stores.

a bad experience in charlotte, nc on freedom drive

Stocker (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time for less than a year

Pros: You have a chance to interact with some very nice customers and… Cons: Dollar Tree in Charlotte employees some managers who are unprofessional and immature.My store manager, who was temperary, fits into this catagory. He will blame his… Advice to Senior Management: Do not give this temperary store a permnant position until he learns how to run a store properly. He is too immature for the position… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Don't open a store for Dollar Tree as a new employee.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time for less than a year

Pros: The orientation covered everything about working at Dollar Tree including breaks, loss prevention, how employees should be treated with respect… Cons: The fact that management doesn't care about their own advice, disrespects their employees by yelling down to them, shooting the breeze with each other during… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees with respect and have patience teaching them new skills especially when your having them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Dollar Tree.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dollar Tree reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dollar Tree CEO Bob Sasser. All reviews posted anonymously by Dollar Tree employees.