Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Great place for experience!!

Current Employee - Cashier in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Cashier in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love some of the managers that I work with! I love how sometimes, it can be a very chill job! Notice, how I said "sometimes"!

Cons

Some people that shop there make me so mad. This one customer smokes inside the store while I'm ringing him up. Asked manager if that was okay, and he said that some were allowed.....what?! >:(

Not enough hours! Sometimes I have to wait until it's 6 to clock in because the company's not very happy about paying for overtime. We're getting stuff done in the store! We only get 30 minutes after we close to put things back together and count out. I want to see how this is going to be during the holidays.

One thing that really pissed me off was when a manager clocked out because of her hours and made me clock out as well. We were NOT done with our work. I'm all for honesty but not getting paid while you're still working is NOT cool.

Work TOGETHER! If "No pets allowed in store" is the rule, ALL MANAGERS should agree on this so customers don't give us, cashiers, their nasty looks because there's a dog in the store.

679 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Chaotic expectations, unreasonable demands by district manager and poor pay.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Don't see any real advantages in working for this company. I'm looking for another job at a better run corporation.

Cons

Too many demands on managers and far too few hours to accomplish these things. The district manager has very little commonsense about what can or cannot be accomplished routinely in the stores.

Work in the stores doing all of the various tasks to can't even a modicum of understanding about what can or cannot be realistically done.

Job started out great then went down hill

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Hagerstown, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The interaction with customers and my co-workers was awesome. I met a lot of great people. As long as you are at a store where the manager follows policy the training is awesome.

Cons

As an assistant manager you were never given enough help to do the work that needed to be done. You were always running register as a back up cashier but then still expected to work 6-8 hours worth of freight to the floor, do recovery etc. The store I was in was in need of massive repair but the landlord did minimal work. The roof leaked and the air conditioner barely worked. During the summer the chocolate was melting in the store. The work conditions were unbearable. Not a week went by that someone at the store did not call in "sick" to work or just did not show up.

Everyday there needs to be double coverage between the hours of 10am and 6pm in almost every store. Not just during the fourth quarter "silly season" Your employees need to be paid more. You will find you will get better qualified employees who are more willing to work with less call offs and no shows if they are making more money.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree