There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Store Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedule, most weekends and evenings off.

Cons

Poor salary and benefits compared to other like/kind positions. Have to wait 1 year for benefits to kick in.

8 week training program should more accurately represent actual scheduling and payroll models. Huge discrepancy between corporate expectations for scheduling, and actual payroll given by territory manager.

573 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Plenty of growth oppotunities

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Poughkeepsie, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Poughkeepsie, NY

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stores opening up everyday
    plenty of personal time for managers
    Pretty good benefits for managers
    The culture for my area at lease is really good

Cons

Besides the Christmas season there is always almost no payroll to operate with more than one manager and one cashier. Therefor most of the time you are left doing everything yourself instead of managing your staff. They call us Assistant Managers, but sometimes I fell we are nothing but trusted associate key holders.

Please don't crowd small cities with 3 and 4 dollar trees so that the stores make more money and may operate more efficiently.

Great place for experience!!

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time for less than a year

Pros

I love some of the managers that I work with! I love how sometimes, it can be a very chill job! Notice, how I said "sometimes"!

Cons

Some people that shop there make me so mad. This one customer smokes inside the store while I'm ringing him up. Asked manager if that was okay, and he said that some were allowed.....what?! >:(

Not enough hours! Sometimes I have to wait until it's 6 to clock in because the company's not very happy about paying for overtime. We're getting stuff done in the store! We only get 30 minutes after we close to put things back together and count out. I want to see how this is going to be during the holidays.

One thing that really pissed me off was when a manager clocked out because of her hours and made me clock out as well. We were NOT done with our work. I'm all for honesty but not getting paid while you're still working is NOT cool.

Work TOGETHER! If "No pets allowed in store" is the rule, ALL MANAGERS should agree on this so customers don't give us, cashiers, their nasty looks because there's a dog in the store.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!