Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

The worst company in the world

Former Employee - Store Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Store Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

can't think of any thing good

Cons

they are not family oriented
they do not care about their managers or employees
They have the most obese, laziest, and crooked district managers I have ever seen

I think you need to clean house starting with your DM's
if you would interview your managers and even cashiers you might be surprised what you find out about the Dm.
just eves drop on a conference call and see how negative they are. hint.

684 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Most negative company

Current Employee - Store Manager in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Order a portion of merchandise according to sales
    Great tools to keep track of day to day business

Cons

District and regional managers are very nasty and speak condescending to managers on the sales floor.
    Always threatening with write ups and will ask you if you are sure this is where you want to be.
    If something goes wrong that is out of your control,you will be held accountable.
    @5 hours a day on reports which makes your work week @ 70 hours because of floor needs

This would be a awesome job and the stores would be in great shape if you worked with managers and gave advise instead of threats

Initially very good when 1st hired. After that it's a rough uphill climb with little respect.

Current Employee - Cashier in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Cashier in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you work more than one job, they are pretty good about working with your other schedule.

Cons

The company treats every employee like a thief. They will hire almost anyone, except those that REALLY want to work. They won't tell you that you'll never get a raise, but will work you to death and expect more than your average job in output! Write-ups are common and expectations are unreasonable. They have just informed me that we will not be scheduled for more than 15 per week...and this is going into the holiday season. Yet the plan is to hire more people for the holidays, rather than give the hours to the current employees who do need them and are willing to work!

Take care of your current, hard working employees who care about there job and start treating them with respect, rather than as criminals. Pay us what we're worth and treat us respectfully and fairly and we'll stay and be dedicated.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree