There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

A complete mess of micromanaging.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Fort Smith, AR
Former Employee - Store Manager in Fort Smith, AR

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Sales bonus not much more.

Cons

Will not give the payroll to complete anything. District manager had unrealistic ideas about what needed done. Working 60 to 70 hours a week.

Do not schedule three major events at the same time. District managers need to learn they are not a store manager anymore. Leadership includes good and bad guidance. Don't pull me from one thing to do another then get mad when the first thing is not done. If you want a store manager to run a store, let them run it within company policy. To much micromanaging.

595 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

It was great until I received an injury in which when it was time to go back to work, I was not put back on schedule.

Former Employee - Cashier in Gadsden, AL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Gadsden, AL

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (less than an year)

Pros

This was a very busy environment.

Cons

I found out I was fired while standing in a checkout line at dollar general by one of the assistant managers. She told me that I had been considered a no call no show when in reality, I did call and/or go to store to find out if they had put me back on schedule after the doctors released me to go back to work.

Train your assistant managers better and let them know not to tell someone, while in front of over 20 other people, that they were fired while shopping at a different store, especially when said employee that was fired DID call and go to their work place to see if they had been placed back on schedule!!!

a complete Nightmare

Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the only thing I would say is the customer base. You will have them for life

Cons

Nothing at all, more workload with a company that runs a 4-5% labor

rememeber..... this company pays 11% below the national average

Fire yourself and hire someone with a brain. Ten years in retail management and this is by far the worst experience Ive ever had. Very unprofessional regional staff which is always negative

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree