Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com

Enjoyable place to work

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

Pros

Great people, Clean stores, Easy to stock, Can be a really fun job. Many opportunities to move up. Great training program.

Cons

Daily tasks are sometimes over whelming and can't be completed. Trucks are to big, not enough hours to get freight out in time. Almost all the stocking falls on Managers backs. Benefits suck, cap on 3% pay increase each year with low starting wages.

Pay your people more.

Other reviews for Dollar Tree

Typical minimum-wage retail position

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier  in  Warren, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Warren, OH

Pros

Willing to schedule around second job
    Work was low-difficulty
    Manager didn't micromanage

The job was suitable for someone working two part-time jobs, and was pretty low-stress. I never felt like I had to stress over the job as long as I did even adequate work.

Cons

Few hours
    Standard low pay

This was not a job that could support an individual by itself. It's only good for supplementary or beginning work.

Dollar Tree has it together!

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

After working in retail for a few companies I am excited to start my career with Dollar Tree, they are organized, they are efficient and they are good to staff. They really have worked with me.

Cons

The training is 8 weeks long, which is GREAT, but it is 1.5 hours from my home, which is not groovy, but it is what it is.

Share training hours with other stores, when you hire managers near the Christmas season, take full advantage, pick GOOD store managers to train MIT, that may be located near everyone's hometown or within 45 mins max. What this will do is make training more of a good experience and it won't make your new MIT's wore out from working a 9 to 10 hour shift then also have a 3 hour drive back and forth everyday too. I almost declined the position due to that.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!