Promises,Promises

Current Employee - Buyers Assistant in Chesapeake, VA
Current Employee - Buyers Assistant in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pro's are job stability and some dedicated co-workers. A modern work area and café.

Cons

New stuffed shirt Managers that they hire off of the street, that know nothing about the job. Associates do all of the work, with little recognition, they make the big bucks.

Advice to Management

"Where did the fun,I'm proud to work here, go"?

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Don't believe everything you are told....

Former Employee - Store Manager in Pitts, PA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Pitts, PA

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Store level employees can be a great team. Almost a family, considering how many hours you have to put in as manager. Bonuses are available monthly. Customers were the reason I stayed as long as I did.

Cons

Continuously opening stores nearby. Then they want to know why sales aren't increasing. Then they cut hours and want to know why the store isn't full. Can't stock shelves when I am running a register 50% of my time. Running a store that is open from 9am-10pm on 160 hours is crazy.

Advice to Management

Stop the micro-management. And stop the payroll bonuses of district managers and above. Concentrate on getting the stores full and stop forcing the filling out of who is going to do what.....I am going to do it all because I dont have anyone else....why write it down?

2. Dollar Tree has it together!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After working in retail for a few companies I am excited to start my career with Dollar Tree, they are organized, they are efficient and they are good to staff. They really have worked with me.

Cons

The training is 8 weeks long, which is GREAT, but it is 1.5 hours from my home, which is not groovy, but it is what it is.

Advice to Management

Share training hours with other stores, when you hire managers near the Christmas season, take full advantage, pick GOOD store managers to train MIT, that may be located near everyone's hometown or within 45 mins max. What this will do is make training more of a good experience and it won't make your new MIT's wore out from working a 9 to 10 hour shift then also have a 3 hour drive back and forth everyday too. I almost declined the position due to that.