There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Great benefits

I have been working at Dollar Tree

Pros

Depending on the department management will work with your schedule. The benefits offered by the company are second to none

Cons

80 percent of the employees qualify for welfare. Unless you can live off of the benefits alone you will be struggling financially

implement better training invest in quality programs

597 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Love my job, but hate the low pay, low hours and small raises

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have gotten to know some wonderful customers and co-workers since I started there. My co-workers are like a second family to me.

I am never without something to do since the lack of hours given to people means there is always freight to be put out, straightening up to do, reshop to be put away, damages to be accounted for and people to help check out or find what they're looking for.

Cons

I have been with this company for almost a year now and was just given a teeny tiny raise. This is the thanks I get for covering for all the no call/no shows and illnesses, busting my butt doing cashiering, stocking and acting as security and only having one sick day all year?! I worked with the flu, an abscessed tooth,and when my husband's mother was in the hospital!

My hours are all over the place. Some weeks I am over 30 due to everyone calling off, and others I am below 15. How am I supposed to support a family on this or try to work within a budget? Also, I have no set time of the day I work - sometimes I open, sometimes it's midday, sometimes I close. With the schedule not coming out most weeks until the day before the new work week, it is impossible to make any sort of plans.

Treat your cashiers and managers with some respect and show appreciation. Without us, there is no DT! We are made to feel like we are children who are unable to perform the easiest tasks without our mgr present. They have way too much to do without having to be constantly called to the front of the store for a void, exchange, bill check, employee sale, etc... Give us better raises, too. I have gotten one miniscule raise in the past year after working so freaking hard at my job. I haven't even heard of anyone getting such a small raise. Let the mgrs. have some input on raise amounts so that someone who does nothing at work isn't getting the same as someone who busts their butt day after day. the mgrs. know who their good, reliable workers are and who the ones who are just there until someone else can be hired are.

ok

Current Employee - Cashier in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (more than an year)

Pros

nice place to work at

Cons

gets crowded not enough registers open

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree