Dollar Tree
www.dollartree.com Chesapeake, VA 5000+ Employees

Culture Change

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAlways a lot to do, product mix, customers love shopping at stores, DM's are supportive but hand tied in truly helping store due to upper management restrictions.

ConsRegional Manager micromanages every aspect of business, taking away ability to run store as circumstances arise.

Advice to Senior ManagementCulture has changed over last year to two years with influx of outside hired staff who haven't come up through ranks and truly understand the business and what made Dollar Tree unique.

Promises,Promises

Buyers Assistant (Current Employee)
Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The pro's are job stability and some dedicated co-workers. A… Cons: New stuffed shirt Managers that they hire off of the street, that know nothing about the… Advice to Senior Management: "Where did the fun,I'm proud to work here, go"? No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Enjoyable place to work

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great people, Clean stores, Easy to stock, Can be a… Cons: Daily tasks are sometimes over whelming and can't be completed. Trucks are to big, not enough hours to get freight out in… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your people more. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Dollar Tree.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dollar Tree reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dollar Tree CEO Bob Sasser. All reviews posted anonymously by Dollar Tree employees.