interesting place to work with

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

family like enviroment easy to get the days off you want

Cons

not decent hours, not good pay, really rude district managers although there bosses seem nice. want you to have decent average transaction then ruins it by making you ring up employee purchases one item at a time. wont fix the ac, wont give us music to listen to. tell us drinks arent allowed at our registers. we cant walk out with items that we purchased at closing therefore limiting the type of items you can buy or any for that matter if you dont have a car to put them in an hour before we close. treat store managers horrible making them work way more hours than they are paid for. would rather hire lots of employees with little hours instead of a few good employees with good hrs.

allow drinks at registers people do get thirsty or dry throats especially when you keep the stores hot. give your employees better pay and hours make them want to work for you.

Other Reviews for Dollar Tree

Non-management

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Rochester, NY

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time for less than a year

Pros

No stores in the extreme ghetto

Cons

Long hours, no payroll in smaller stores, automatic replenishment system that is outdated and broken, management managing boxes not people,

Give all stores payroll to do the job, and let your managers manage, not do the work themselves. Planning is great if there is someone other than the manager to do the work. Also, dont have upper management promise what they can't deliver.

Culture Change

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Always a lot to do, product mix, customers love shopping at stores, DM's are supportive but hand tied in truly helping store due to upper management restrictions.

Cons

Regional Manager micromanages every aspect of business, taking away ability to run store as circumstances arise.

Culture has changed over last year to two years with influx of outside hired staff who haven't come up through ranks and truly understand the business and what made Dollar Tree unique.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!