Not as I Expected

Former Employee - Over Night Stock Associate  in  Middle Village, NY
Former Employee - Over Night Stock Associate in Middle Village, NY

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time for less than a year

Pros

Cant think of any pros besides the fact that you get a pay check

Cons

I had to call every single day to ask if i can work or not. They did not take a drug test so all the pot heads were working there along with you. You cant speak to any managers after you clock out if they do they will tell you sorry your off the clock dont talk to me.

Only get this job if you are still in H.S. During orientation the manager asked who wants to work the very next day about 75% of the people there said yes and the manager signed them up then when everyone showed up the very next day they said they had to much people and decided to send people home, then when i asked why did they do that sign so much people up they said well thats how retail works.

Stop treating your workers like slaves pay more and hire and teach more appropriate people.

Other Reviews for Dollar Tree

I should be getting paid more.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Yonkers, NY
    Current Employee - Cashier in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time for less than a year

Pros

Learning a lot about dealing with money

Cons

over worked & under paid, try to make you stay longer then you have to, heartless company. aggressive, & cheap.

Only work hear if you absolutely have no other choice, depressing job.

interesting place to work with

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

family like enviroment easy to get the days off you want

Cons

not decent hours, not good pay, really rude district managers although there bosses seem nice. want you to have decent average transaction then ruins it by making you ring up employee purchases one item at a time. wont fix the ac, wont give us music to listen to. tell us drinks arent allowed at our registers. we cant walk out with items that we purchased at closing therefore limiting the type of items you can buy or any for that matter if you dont have a car to put them in an hour before we close. treat store managers horrible making them work way more hours than they are paid for. would rather hire lots of employees with little hours instead of a few good employees with good hrs.

allow drinks at registers people do get thirsty or dry throats especially when you keep the stores hot. give your employees better pay and hours make them want to work for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!