Dollar Tree
www.dollartree.com Chesapeake, VA 5000+ Employees

I like the Job BUT.

Cashier/Freight Processor (Current Employee)
Central Point, OR

ProsThe hourly staff i work with is great. Job is basically stress free, I am able to be home when kids get home from school.

ConsPay is horrible, Min wage, if I had to survive on this job as my sole support i wouldn't be there as long as i have been which is sad i been in retail 30 yrs and for 25 in retail management and not seen the turn over i seen at this company. .

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is running around always putting out fires. If just once a week the Management would sit down together once a week and plan a week out together we wouldn't scramble as a crew to get stuff done. We have Conference calls once or twice a week with district manager and DC after these calls store management should have mandatory meetings to go over this instead of leaving silly emails.. Listen to the cashiers' and freight people when they say hey this asr is wrong or this stuff is selling great. Reward people when they deserve it, and stop rewarding bad behaviors of management when they can't get their stuff together even if they been with the company a long time.

Average pay all around. A company that's constantly micro-managed.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Latham, NY

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time for less than a year

Pros: Lower level managers can be friendly & easy to deal… Cons: Rude and often impolite customer base. Micromanaged. Advice to Senior Management: Chances for more pay. More

Store Managers our overworked for pennies.

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time for more than a year

Pros: Job to pay the bills Cons: low pay for too much work. Always sending e-mails over nothing-changing direction just because the wind blew. No modern technology in place.… Advice to Senior Management: The VPS at Dollar Tree need to take over a store for a week and see what we do and see that it's a lot… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dollar Tree.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dollar Tree reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dollar Tree CEO Bob Sasser. All reviews posted anonymously by Dollar Tree employees.