Dollar Tree

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

I like the Job BUT.

Current Employee - Cashier/Freight Processor in Central Point, OR
Current Employee - Cashier/Freight Processor in Central Point, OR

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The hourly staff i work with is great. Job is basically stress free, I am able to be home when kids get home from school.

Cons

Pay is horrible, Min wage, if I had to survive on this job as my sole support i wouldn't be there as long as i have been which is sad i been in retail 30 yrs and for 25 in retail management and not seen the turn over i seen at this company. .

Management is running around always putting out fires. If just once a week the Management would sit down together once a week and plan a week out together we wouldn't scramble as a crew to get stuff done. We have Conference calls once or twice a week with district manager and DC after these calls store management should have mandatory meetings to go over this instead of leaving silly emails.. Listen to the cashiers' and freight people when they say hey this asr is wrong or this stuff is selling great. Reward people when they deserve it, and stop rewarding bad behaviors of management when they can't get their stuff together even if they been with the company a long time.

632 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Not bad for a while but horribly micro managed every day

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Store Manager pay was pretty good ,good bonus potential as well.

Cons

Company more worried about writing down what needs to be done multiple times in multiple places instead of actually completeing the tasks ridiculous. Constant turnover of poorly paid associates and Assistant Managers. Company makes job a lot harder than it needs to be

Let Managers manage the building instead of writing lists of things to be done that you are rarely if ever going to be able to do , due to the constant micro managing of the building.

Former Asst/Freight Mgr

Former Employee - Assistant/Freight Management in Lake Jackson, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant/Freight Management in Lake Jackson, TX

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great team and Great Mgr only few bad apples

Cons

Low pay for any position as much money as this company makes We felt like we were working in a sweat shop Always micro manage you get one thing done and its change it, Get freight to floor but no hours and with 2 people at any given time yea no not happening and full recovery with 2 people at closing and u have 30 min And never the proper equipment to do anything.

Listen to your employees when we talk to you and tell you whats going on,If it were not for your employess You would not be in business treat us as you would want to be treated.When we call you with a problem donot brush us off,And if you say you are going to do something set an example and do it quit with excuses. You donot want them from us.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree