Dollar Tree
www.dollartree.com Chesapeake, VA 5000+ Employees

Typical Cashier and Stocker position. Decent Managers and coworkers make the day far easier to manage as well.

Dollar Tree Cashier (Current Employee)
Grand Rapids, MI

ProsThe employees who i work with are incredibly kind and pretty cool people overall. This may not be consistent place to place though.

Decent chance for reviews and constructive criticism. I can talk with my managers on what I can improve upon and get decent feedback.

The work and goals set for stocking aren't hard to meet. Decent focus and work ethic gets the job done without breaking a sweat.

If you do the work well, you can be promoted to assistant manager and get specific training as well. just be competent and work hard.

ConsHours can be pretty inconsistent. Some weeks go from 4 hours to others being closer to 12 and 15 hours a week. It heavily depends on the season and slow seasons means less hours for everyone.

Bad managers/coworkers could make the position far worse. Managers have the final say in almost anything, meaning that you need to make sure you're on their good side.

Cut throat hours. If your store hired too many people, everyone gets worse hours until people start quitting.

For part time position, no benefits. Not sure on managerial level though

its ok

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: fast pace, variety of product, monthy potential bonus Cons: pay, training, organization, heating/ac is controlled by corporate Advice to Senior Management: better training programs Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great entry level job but the pay could be better.

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
    Harker Heights, TX

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time for less than a year

Pros: Ease of work, lots of interaction with customers, performance can… Cons: Pay is terrible, Training is minimal, some senior managment (district… Advice to Senior Management: Lead by example Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Dollar Tree.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dollar Tree reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dollar Tree CEO Bob Sasser. All reviews posted anonymously by Dollar Tree employees.