There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

OK for a min wage job, slightly better if promoted to management

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Kingsport, TN
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Kingsport, TN

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good retail work environment, easy customer service, promotes within. Good temporary job.

Cons

No real benefits, low pay unless you are promoted to full time management,

Better benefits, higher pay rates, provide raises more often following higher cost of living, and performance reviews. I was hired on as a part time manager and 6 months later the min wage went up but my pay did not I was now making only a few cents more than the cashiers. I also found out that the full time manager was making twice as much as I was doing the same job, therefore I resigned due to the min wage going up, and co worker pay descrepency. This was unacceptable.

597 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Manager in training.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One truck a week. Sundays off. Forty five hour work week. No price changes or mod changes only seasonal aisle resets with holidays. Friendly customers. Monthly bonus.

Cons

Underpaid hourly workers. Poor quality of help due to not offering much in the way of pay. Not a lot of help in stores so call outs can make for a difficult day. Too much overstock on trucks. Not enough back room space.

Offer more pay to hourly associates.

Not the greatest job

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Incredibly simple to learn how to do things, interesting seeing the new products, customers are generally alright just wanting to purchase and leave.

Cons

Awful pay with NO negotiation (minimum wage) and no chance of anything but part time, management can be very caddy and fail at helping employees, being scheduled for days you require off, getting sent home because their "over hours", being told not to come in because their "over hours".

Stop thinking less of the employees even though we make less then you. When an employee is at register and has 10+ people in line and has NO backup, please don't just stand there and keep talking to another manager. It's unfair to the customer and unfair to us as an employee. Stop the caddyness and be professional.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree