Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com

Good position for someone who is entering the workforce.

Assistant Operations Store Manager (Former Employee) Kenosha, WI

ProsGreat starter position for people just entering into the workforce. This organization could provide a general outlook on what a retail position entails.

ConsIf you're someone who's been in the workforce, especially management positions, this isn't the organization for you. The store managers that I've encounter have had no leadership skills and conducted training of assistant managers and associates sub par.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your store managers properly so they can transfer that knowledge down to the core employees. Also, practice what you preach. If you promote an open door policy, have your store and district managers support the organization's decision.

I enjoyed the interaction with the customers

Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) Cortland, NY

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time for less than a year

Pros: Flexible hours and pleasant atmosphere Cons: Stocking the shelves and lifting were difficult for me Advice to Senior Management: Hire people with disabilities or lifting restrictions for just cashier work. I had to leave due to my inability to lift over… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

OK for a min wage job, slightly better if promoted to management

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Kingsport, TN

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time for more than a year

Pros: Good retail work environment, easy customer service, promotes within. Good… Cons: No real benefits, low pay unless you are promoted to… Advice to Senior Management: Better benefits, higher pay rates, provide raises more often following higher cost of living, and performance reviews. I was hired on as a part time… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dollar Tree.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!