There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Worked 10 years and got 10 cent raises once a year

Former Employee - Stocker/Cashier in Coeur d'Alene, ID
Former Employee - Stocker/Cashier in Coeur d'Alene, ID

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people I worked with

Cons

Working and dedicating myself to a company that wasn't willing to pay to have good employees stay with them.

I was a excellent employee that never would have left if dollar tree corporate would have recognized that I deserved more pay...my manager was wonderful but corporate never would allow him to give us raises..I did stocking of all departments and trained new cashiers, I ran the candy dept. and kept it in order....loved the job just wanted to be appreciated and payed for my work and time I put into that job

603 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

No room for growth or benefits for middel age or seniors.

Former Employee - Cashier in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Seattle, WA

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (less than an year)

Pros

During the interview I was told that part time was 4 hours daily or more depending on the store needs also room for assistant management positions with the company after a years service. Benefits were for managers only. Training was given via the computer reviewed with members of the management team.

Cons

I over 20 years of customers service and treated as if I was new to the position of a cashier.
    The store was small dirty and unorganized, daily cleaning was not done. Facing and replacing merchandise was not done, we were always out of everyday items. Customers were not treated like people more like cattle. Team morale was absent. Older team members were down right rude. Customer complain to me I just listen to them.

More training for management of the store.
    Build up team members morale with meetings and fire or give a written warning for the ones who mistreat customers or those who are just plain rude to them.
    Be honest about the hours available when hired instead of 3 1/2 hours given

Impossible workload. Very under paid.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the people you meet are cool. That's about it. I came into the company when it was decent, so I stuck around until it got tiring.

Cons

Never enough hours to give out. Unloading heavy boxes off unorganized trucks every week in the middle of the night is never fun. It's cheap product so don't expect to get compensated very well, or just well.

There's no hope.