There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

This was an overall good experience.

Current Employee - Cashier and Stock in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Cashier and Stock in Houston, TX

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was able to gain experience as a cashier, so counting money and interacting with people. These are two good skills that many will need moving forward in their careers (especially people skills).

Cons

The store management lacked accountability from within which led to internal issues. Pay (minimum wage) does not match the work we had to do.

Advice to Management

Interact more with the employees and store management to be more on one accord with the stores needs.

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

Promises are obviously made to be broken

Current Employee - District Training Manager
    Current Employee - District Training Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Honestly, the training for store managers is great and extensive. Moving from a cashier or stocker to assistant is also an easy feet. Internal promotions are always being done at store level positions.

Cons

Promotions from store to field level are lies. Everything changes when a new DM and above is promoted. Too many different ideas on the same thing from field management. Rate of pay for associates is poor and not at all a livable wage. Hours are too few. Very much a high school setting.

Advice to Management

Your promotion policy is horrid. You need to stop liking people based on personal preference and instead on numbers and customer feedback. If your basing the managers review on metrics and competences then that should be your basis for promotion. Purposely hiring one manager 6k less than one down the road is also unfair work practices and I'm pretty sure illegal. Stop making mangers feel incompetent when they get no support from dm's. Especially since staffing has to approved by the DM. I could continue but there is no point.

Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in West Chester, PA

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not many pros at all.

Cons

Continuous turn-over. Unapproachable under Management. Lack of pay. So on and so on....