There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

It was alright working there

Former Employee - Cashier and Stock in Oakdale, MN
Former Employee - Cashier and Stock in Oakdale, MN

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All of the people I worked with were awesome, the manager was the best manager because she would tell me to do this an this and just let me do it she didn't bother me with anything unless it was important or something serious

Cons

over time they started cutting my hours to down around 5-10 hours a week and that wasn't cutting it just getting less then 100 dollars a week, the only other con would be the district manager for the twin cities area in Minnesota she has no regard to how people are as in when its hot out and moving boxes around for inventory in the heat in a gaint warehouse and wont let anyone take a break that not how you run a company, also she put me on the no hire list because she didn't like how I did my job, it worked better then what she had done all she does is complain, she needs to go.

Advice to Management

the only advice I have is don't treat you employees like they are mindless tools, be compassionate when they need time off because of unfortunate events in their life there are always another person that can use those extra hours.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Place

Former Employee - Administrative
    Former Employee - Administrative

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people, interesting work, income ok

Cons

Hire more staff to handle growth

It was a great place to work.

Former Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier
    Former Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working there, it was fun and easy. the atmosphere was great the customers where always very nice.

Cons

Sometimes there weren't enough people working during busy hours or days, the company rises weren't that great, and at the dollar tree I was working at when there was a position to move up in the company they would ask people that just started for the position.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees and who you are hiring, not everyone is doing the best at the job. Also show that you care about the people that work for you ,3% for a rise is kinda low for the stuff that cashiers have to deal with.