Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com

It was alright working there

Former Employee - Cashier and Stock  in  Oakdale, MN
Former Employee - Cashier and Stock in Oakdale, MN

Pros

All of the people I worked with were awesome, the manager was the best manager because she would tell me to do this an this and just let me do it she didn't bother me with anything unless it was important or something serious

Cons

over time they started cutting my hours to down around 5-10 hours a week and that wasn't cutting it just getting less then 100 dollars a week, the only other con would be the district manager for the twin cities area in Minnesota she has no regard to how people are as in when its hot out and moving boxes around for inventory in the heat in a gaint warehouse and wont let anyone take a break that not how you run a company, also she put me on the no hire list because she didn't like how I did my job, it worked better then what she had done all she does is complain, she needs to go.

the only advice I have is don't treat you employees like they are mindless tools, be compassionate when they need time off because of unfortunate events in their life there are always another person that can use those extra hours.

Other reviews for Dollar Tree

This was an overall good experience.

Current Employee - Cashier and Stock  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier and Stock in Houston, TX

Pros

I was able to gain experience as a cashier, so counting money and interacting with people. These are two good skills that many will need moving forward in their careers (especially people skills).

Cons

The store management lacked accountability from within which led to internal issues. Pay (minimum wage) does not match the work we had to do.

Interact more with the employees and store management to be more on one accord with the stores needs.

Promises are obviously made to be broken

Current Employee - District Training Manager
    Current Employee - District Training Manager

Pros

Honestly, the training for store managers is great and extensive. Moving from a cashier or stocker to assistant is also an easy feet. Internal promotions are always being done at store level positions.

Cons

Promotions from store to field level are lies. Everything changes when a new DM and above is promoted. Too many different ideas on the same thing from field management. Rate of pay for associates is poor and not at all a livable wage. Hours are too few. Very much a high school setting.

Your promotion policy is horrid. You need to stop liking people based on personal preference and instead on numbers and customer feedback. If your basing the managers review on metrics and competences then that should be your basis for promotion. Purposely hiring one manager 6k less than one down the road is also unfair work practices and I'm pretty sure illegal. Stop making mangers feel incompetent when they get no support from dm's. Especially since staffing has to approved by the DM. I could continue but there is no point.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!