Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com

Not a bad place to work if you are willing to work.

Store Manager (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsI enjoyed my time I spent with this company. I had a great dm to work for, and as long as I did my job to run a great store than I had no issues. I left for more money , but have thoughts of trying to return back as a dm. The pros were being able to make your own schedule, and it being flexible. Fast paced environment that changes constantly. You can create the culture you want in your four walls. Company has a good business model, and is very stable.

ConsVery physical, and have a lack of hours for proper staffing. Upper management is the good old boys network that has some people in place that do not understand the nature of the business. You also have to be prepared for long hours as this is retail, and that means holidays. Company is building stores right on top of each other, and if this happens to your store you can say goodbye to your bonus. Customers can be great, but you also see the under belly of society in this business.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote within- you have great store managers and dm's that should be moving upwards. Stop bringing in leaders of failed companies when you already have the talent that knows how to make your company successful.

Assistant Store Manager

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Clifton, NJ

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flex schedule under the right manager. Good staff, benefits for full… Cons: Pay is not good for the amount of work involved. not enough staff to help customers and customer become rightfully… Advice to Senior Management: Consider having no less that 3 - 4 plus management regular staff members on schedule at all times. This will ensure cleanliness of store, stocking… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was alright working there

Cashier and Stock (Former Employee) Oakdale, MN

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: All of the people I worked with were awesome, the manager was the best manager because she would tell me to do… Cons: over time they started cutting my hours to down around 5-10 hours a week and that wasn't cutting it just getting less then 100 dollars… Advice to Senior Management: the only advice I have is don't treat you employees like they are mindless tools, be compassionate when they need… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Dollar Tree.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!