There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Not a bad place to work if you are willing to work.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Greensboro, NC
Former Employee - Store Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoyed my time I spent with this company. I had a great dm to work for, and as long as I did my job to run a great store than I had no issues. I left for more money , but have thoughts of trying to return back as a dm. The pros were being able to make your own schedule, and it being flexible. Fast paced environment that changes constantly. You can create the culture you want in your four walls. Company has a good business model, and is very stable.

Cons

Very physical, and have a lack of hours for proper staffing. Upper management is the good old boys network that has some people in place that do not understand the nature of the business. You also have to be prepared for long hours as this is retail, and that means holidays. Company is building stores right on top of each other, and if this happens to your store you can say goodbye to your bonus. Customers can be great, but you also see the under belly of society in this business.

Promote within- you have great store managers and dm's that should be moving upwards. Stop bringing in leaders of failed companies when you already have the talent that knows how to make your company successful.

574 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Fun, friendly, and very enjoyable.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time for more than a year

Pros

Customer service and excellent co-workers.

Cons

Hours are not quite enough..

More cross training.

It was a great place to work.

Former Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier
    Former Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I loved working there, it was fun and easy. the atmosphere was great the customers where always very nice.

Cons

Sometimes there weren't enough people working during busy hours or days, the company rises weren't that great, and at the dollar tree I was working at when there was a position to move up in the company they would ask people that just started for the position.

Pay attention to your employees and who you are hiring, not everyone is doing the best at the job. Also show that you care about the people that work for you ,3% for a rise is kinda low for the stuff that cashiers have to deal with.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!