Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com
  www.dollartree.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Not a bad place to work if you are willing to work.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Greensboro, NC
Former Employee - Store Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my time I spent with this company. I had a great dm to work for, and as long as I did my job to run a great store than I had no issues. I left for more money , but have thoughts of trying to return back as a dm. The pros were being able to make your own schedule, and it being flexible. Fast paced environment that changes constantly. You can create the culture you want in your four walls. Company has a good business model, and is very stable.

Cons

Very physical, and have a lack of hours for proper staffing. Upper management is the good old boys network that has some people in place that do not understand the nature of the business. You also have to be prepared for long hours as this is retail, and that means holidays. Company is building stores right on top of each other, and if this happens to your store you can say goodbye to your bonus. Customers can be great, but you also see the under belly of society in this business.

Promote within- you have great store managers and dm's that should be moving upwards. Stop bringing in leaders of failed companies when you already have the talent that knows how to make your company successful.

639 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Great Manager Great Distruct Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hours always in the 30+ range. Promote from within, Good Healthcare. Its considered secondary healthcare so you qualify for ACA benefits. I pay $17 a month for Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Smart move by upper management to classift thier healthcare as secondary, it makes the job worthwhle.

Cons

Last minute shedule changes, flat organization, not enough hours to stock. All the employees want to see the store do well and if we just had one more person to stock our revenue would jump.

Keep employees feeling important. My manager and District Manager make us feel important. Treated with a great deal of respect. Great co-workers to work with daily. Promote peope like my manager and district manager that have the know how to run retail and let emloyees know they are valued.

Assistant manager

Current Employee - Ast Manager
    Current Employee - Ast Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Very few. Slow in hiring management when needed

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree