Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com

Decent place to get a start, difficult to build long career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chesapeake, VA

ProsWork with a lot of really experienced people in a very unique business model. Learn to be adaptable and flexible to meet the business needs at a low cost.

ConsDefined career paths are almost non existent at any level. There is no clearly communicated opportunities for advancement in any one area. As such the company has a degree of title deflation.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to ensure that high potential employees have avenues for career advancement within the company.

Good starter job and an ideal career.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time for more than a year

Pros: It's an easy job. Everything is routine. You'll be a… Cons: Corporate can be strict with payroll. They want you to accomplish so much in a short amount of time. If payroll isn't set correctly, the… Advice to Senior Management: Appreciate your associates and don't take advantage of them. Also just because you're of higher authority doesn't make it okay to talk down to them.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Assistant manager

Ast Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time

Pros: Good company to work for Cons: Very few. Slow in hiring management when needed Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dollar Tree.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!