Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

RE: Dollar Tree Corporate Office, Chesapeake, VA.

I worked at Dollar Tree

Pros

> Willing to be flexible with scheduling when they can.
> Never had any issues with pay. That's a plus!
> Cafeteria on site.
> Clean working environment.

Cons

> Poor Communication or lack thereof.
> They are HUGE on titles! I had more than 4 immediate bosses who would constantly come in telling me and my co-workers what we were doing wrong.
> Company is a bit stingy on break times. Unless you are salary, break times are 15 mins and lunches are 30 mins. That's it!
> Training needs overhauled. Often I was requesting help from others when I could've been trained more to handle situations unplanned for -- not that I didn't request it often.
> Most people, especially those of higher positions NEVER say hello to you in passing. They hardly even look at you. Where I come from, that's just snobbery.

Communication and proper training is vital. And make time for ALL of your employees.

686 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Okay job

Former Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier in Lawrenceburg, TN
    Former Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier in Lawrenceburg, TN

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Loved working with the other employees. Wasn't really even hard work. Loved the customers they were great.

Cons

Hrs was terrible started out with 30-40 hrs a week and before I left ended with 12-15 hrs a week. Would work 4 hr shifts 3-5 days a week. Didn't even put gas in my car to drive to work. Only worked there for 5 months.

Busy, Busy, Busy

Current Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier
    Current Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love the deals, I enjoy meeting new people daily and like the people I work with.

Cons

You are often by yourself on the register, which makes it hard to do all the duties you are assigned to that day. You also have to scan each and every item individually, which gets tedious when the customer has more than 10 of one item.

Make it easier to scan multiple items, if the customer has 40 items that are the same thing, it would be easier to have a multiple item button.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree