Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com
  www.dollartree.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

My co-workers and manager are friendly, and easy to work with.

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Farmers Branch, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Farmers Branch, TX

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management is flexible with scheduling. I'm currently looking for full-time employment, and with my schedule the way it is now, it allows time to schedule interviews and other appointments.

Cons

Sometimes it can become overwhelming when you're to stock shelves, but are so busy working with customers. I feel like I get nothing done at times. I guess the end result is the customer, which is most important.

647 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Unsteady and unreliable

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a job and they hire just about anyone. They do not care about your background unless you're applying for any kind of management position.

Cons

You work in 5-hour shifts and there is no communication between workers/management. Scheduling is a mess. They tell you that they have only so many hours for you yet they keep hiring more people when they don't need to. I was super lucky to get 10 hours per week let alone 5 regardless of my work performance. Some weeks I had 0 hours. That is not going to encourage people to stay. People can't live off $30-60 per week. Oh and many of the customers were just plain ignorant. Nothing in the store is over $1 (it's only plastered all over the store front and on the walls...) so quit asking. However that is expected in most retail environments anyways--so nothing new on that front. Same with lazy coworkers.

Talk to your employees. Tell them they're doing a good or bad job or even the RIGHT job. Never once was I acknowledged for ANY of my work or suggestions. Quit hiring more people if you're running out of hours to give to others that have been there longer. Train everyone for cashiering--including stockers--it'll make life better for everyone. Oh and treat us decently please--focusing on the negative all the time isn't going to encourage us to work harder.

I wouldn't suggest working for this company to any of my friends.

Former Employee - Cashier/Stocker in Dublin, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier/Stocker in Dublin, CA

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coworkers can work great as a team and really try to help each other out.

Cons

Not enough pay for way to much back breaking work, plus without benefits. You have to be full time to get benefits so they schedule everyone for part time so they don't have to offer the benefits. This means no medical for a stocker who does physical labor. They do not care about their associates or their concerns.

Take the associates opinions into consideration. You would have less turn around of workers if you listened to them. At least offer benefits for those who do physical labor. Only giving cashiers 10 hours a week does nothing for them.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree