There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Better than large box retailers

Current Employee - Store Manager in North Little Rock, AR
Current Employee - Store Manager in North Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard work is rewarded here..monthly bonuses for SM's. Network of stores share knowledge.. They want u to succeed, unlike some companies who try to take u down so they can advance

Cons

Sticklers on payroll..either make the $ to cover hours or expect to have to cut somewhere

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

1. My co-workers and manager are friendly, and easy to work with.

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Farmers Branch, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Farmers Branch, TX

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is flexible with scheduling. I'm currently looking for full-time employment, and with my schedule the way it is now, it allows time to schedule interviews and other appointments.

Cons

Sometimes it can become overwhelming when you're to stock shelves, but are so busy working with customers. I feel like I get nothing done at times. I guess the end result is the customer, which is most important.

RE: Dollar Tree Corporate Office, Chesapeake, VA.

Pros

> Willing to be flexible with scheduling when they can. > Never had any issues with pay. That's a plus! > Cafeteria on site. > Clean working environment.

Cons

> Poor Communication or lack thereof. > They are HUGE on titles! I had more than 4 immediate bosses who would constantly come in telling me and my co-workers what we were doing wrong. > Company is a bit stingy on break times. Unless you are salary, break times are 15 mins and lunches are 30 mins. That's it! > Training needs overhauled. Often I was requesting help from others when I could've been trained more to handle situations unplanned for -- not that I didn't request it often. > Most people, especially those of higher positions NEVER say hello to you in passing. They hardly even look at you. Where I come from, that's just snobbery.

Advice to Management

Communication and proper training is vital. And make time for ALL of your employees.