There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree is a great employer, but more pay would decrease the amount of associates leaving and coming in.

Current Employee - Sales Associate, Freight Specialist  in  Centreville, VA
Current Employee - Sales Associate, Freight Specialist in Centreville, VA

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Store management is always willing to listen to employee input. Stores are in the business of selling, so any way of increasing sales is what every what so they can go home with a paycheck. Many contests to take part in. Lots of expectations during work shifts along with the supervising of store management to help associates along the way.

Cons

Lots of room to grow, but bonuses come meagerly. Been through 3 promotions resulted in $0.30 pay raise; no title raise but more power over other associates. Packages aren't delivered or handled properly = a lot of damaged inventory on truck days.

577 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Is good to work in a place you can always do something new, and make a difference.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time for more than a year

Pros

I love to help others and because Dollar Tree have a lot of items for the $1 price we get customer from literally anywhere and I like to interact with different background people.

Cons

Hours, definitely they really have to improve a lot here. Some of the brake rooms are not set for an associate to sit down and enjoy a break. Some stores don't have air conditioning

They should make a visit at least once every six months to see for themselves the condition of the store. I have never personally met anyone from "high levels" in the company. (2 years with the company)

I have had an O.K. experience with Dollar Tree.

I have been working at Dollar Tree

Pros

Great managers, friendly working environments and the training was fabulous.

Cons

Not only is the pay too little for the manual labor that is performed, but the number of days possible to work is less than full time. As an associate you can never be a full time employee.

Please give associates full time hours even if that means no benefits included.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!