Dollar Tree

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Slave Drivers

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Irving, TX

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you are lucky you get to work with a few good people.

Cons

Low pay. Part-time but work full time hours. No benefits. Awful store management. Managers have their "favorites" whom hardly do any work but get the most hours. Not enough employees to cover all shifts. High turn over.

Hire some managers who don't play favorites.

681 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Dollar tree is okay for a student.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (more than a year)

Pros

easy to request days off and they are very flexible with a students schedule, also the job is fairly easy just clean the store and attend the customers.

Cons

there is no opportunity, its a dead end job, i have been working for the company for 2 years and have yet to see a raise or promotion.Also there are no full time workers unless you are an assistant manager, your hours always cut short, and you never leave on time its either they send you home because there are no more hours, or you leave super late because the store gets so packed and there are so little workers that there is not time to clean.

the worker should be noticed more because promotions and a chance to get a higher pay is what gives people motivation to work harder.

Always on the go!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Lapeer, MI
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Lapeer, MI

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved working here being a manager because I was the first to know all the new inventory coming in. It's a very fast paced work environment which I really liked. It was like a work out every day.

Cons

They expected a shipment of over 2,700 boxes to be put out in one shift between 4 people. That includes repositioning prior shelving, putting up more, and making room with existing shelved merchandise to make room for all the new stuff.

The people I worked with were usually very helpful, however, this job can be stressfull even if you're not in the management position.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree