Dollar Tree

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Slave Drivers

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Irving, TX

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are lucky you get to work with a few good people.

Cons

Low pay. Part-time but work full time hours. No benefits. Awful store management. Managers have their "favorites" whom hardly do any work but get the most hours. Not enough employees to cover all shifts. High turn over.

Hire some managers who don't play favorites.

629 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Dollar tree is okay for a student.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (more than an year)

Pros

easy to request days off and they are very flexible with a students schedule, also the job is fairly easy just clean the store and attend the customers.

Cons

there is no opportunity, its a dead end job, i have been working for the company for 2 years and have yet to see a raise or promotion.Also there are no full time workers unless you are an assistant manager, your hours always cut short, and you never leave on time its either they send you home because there are no more hours, or you leave super late because the store gets so packed and there are so little workers that there is not time to clean.

the worker should be noticed more because promotions and a chance to get a higher pay is what gives people motivation to work harder.

Fair and fun, depending on which store you're at.

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Canandaigua, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Canandaigua, NY

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working here because it was flexible while I was in school. My home store in Canandaigua, NY was my favorite of the four stores I worked at during my five year stint; my management team was friendly and functional and helpful. (I also worked in stores in Elmira, NY; Enfield, CT; and Chicopee, MA.) It is a great seasonal job but also seems to stay fairly busy throughout the year because everybody is so excited they can get things for only a buck.

Cons

Having sub managers from other stores come in and try to change things was the worst. Also, the higher up management (district and regional, in my opinion) had no idea how things were run in-store when they came to visit. Retail is hard to work in but some of the other managers i worked with were not great. You could tell theyd been here too long and were tired of dealing with upper management. They usually seemed a little broken down. Also the pay isnt that great, depending on what minimum wage is in your state. Even for my store managers, they didn't make enough to deal with the things we dealt with on a daily basis from both customers and upper management.

The company usually hires outside people for those positions instead of promoting from within so that the person actually understands what working in the store is like. I would recommend promoting your store managers to higher positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree