There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Lost the best years of my life working for a company that never cared for employees

Former Employee - Accountant in Chesapeake, VA
Former Employee - Accountant in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nothing positive to say, poor company culture, would not recommend even to my worst enemy.

Cons

Free soda at the cafeteria that's all, you don't even get decent office supplies at the corporate office, they make you sign your name when you get your supply of white out eraser!

Get out from your comfortable and big offices, smell the roses and interact with the lower class employees, most of all please smile and acknowledge employees when you see them in hallways!

reviews filtered by

Store Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree

Pros

A paycheck. That is about the only pro I can think of.

Cons

Extremely long hours, mandated 6 and 7 day work weeks. District Manager is completely unprofessional and abusive.

I followed company policy and gave 2 week notice upon receiving another job, I was told to leave and not work the 2 week notice and also that I would not be paid. Vacation time is not paid out either. I busted my butt working for them after being pulled from training early and dumped in a messed up store before Christmas and the thanks I was given was being dismissed without pay. Completely horrible.

If you want to work hard and get treated like garbage by management

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Barberton, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Barberton, OH

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I cannot think of a single good thing about working at Dollar Tree

Cons

It's a dollar store so of course the pay is crappy. Having to get dressed just to work for 2 hours was ridiculous. The manager's nitpicking on what shade of green is work appropriate...really? Nothing was ever done to the assistant manager for verbally abusing me...in front of customers, my parents and another manager! I was made out to be stupid if this manager miscounted my drawer or if I was too busy to make it to the phone in time when she was right next to it. If I needed more change I got attitude.If I needed help I got attitude. I was cussed at on more than one occasion.I was verbally abused to the point of tears on more than one occasion and NOTHING was ever done. This manager still works there to this day. I just stopped showing up I was so tired of the abuse.

Take abuse of employees seriously!

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree