Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com
  www.dollartree.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

Lost the best years of my life working for a company that never cared for employees

Former Employee - Accountant in Chesapeake, VA
Former Employee - Accountant in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nothing positive to say, poor company culture, would not recommend even to my worst enemy.

Cons

Free soda at the cafeteria that's all, you don't even get decent office supplies at the corporate office, they make you sign your name when you get your supply of white out eraser!

Get out from your comfortable and big offices, smell the roses and interact with the lower class employees, most of all please smile and acknowledge employees when you see them in hallways!

639 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Store Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree

Pros

A paycheck. That is about the only pro I can think of.

Cons

Extremely long hours, mandated 6 and 7 day work weeks. District Manager is completely unprofessional and abusive.

I followed company policy and gave 2 week notice upon receiving another job, I was told to leave and not work the 2 week notice and also that I would not be paid. Vacation time is not paid out either. I busted my butt working for them after being pulled from training early and dumped in a messed up store before Christmas and the thanks I was given was being dismissed without pay. Completely horrible.

Dollar tree is okay for a student.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (more than an year)

Pros

easy to request days off and they are very flexible with a students schedule, also the job is fairly easy just clean the store and attend the customers.

Cons

there is no opportunity, its a dead end job, i have been working for the company for 2 years and have yet to see a raise or promotion.Also there are no full time workers unless you are an assistant manager, your hours always cut short, and you never leave on time its either they send you home because there are no more hours, or you leave super late because the store gets so packed and there are so little workers that there is not time to clean.

the worker should be noticed more because promotions and a chance to get a higher pay is what gives people motivation to work harder.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree