Dollar Tree

www.dollartree.com
  www.dollartree.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

working at a dollar tree

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Dollar Tree

Pros

When I worked there I was getting called in 15 or 20 mins. before someone else sift as they were not going to be able to work or the next shift cashier just didnt show up and you would stay for 10 hours.
 so at that time I was getting 30 to 35 plus hours a week as long as I did not go to 40 hours as they did not want to pay a cashier over time.

Cons

they would hire people that haveworked at other discount stores that were fired for stealing,
some of the girls at the store I worked at thought it was a place they could flirt.
only some of the sales associates would do recover ,most would leave there" put aways" for the night shift person.
we never received any thank you for anything you would do during your shift witch is only a 5 hour shift so they do not have to pay you any benefits ,assiant managers and store managers get a benefits and bonus that they would not get if they did not have good cashiers who are the ones that deal with the customers the most as managers are stocking shelves all the time as you have to if you have noone at your checkout line
they hirered christmas help and 2 differnt times cashiers tills were short one was short $100.00 this girl was not fired after she had a meeting with the district manager .and other cashiers that were short $20.00 they were fired!

appleseed does not work because the stores I was dealing with and worked at did not follow the appleseed program only when the district manaer would be comeing to the store

639 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Good start

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Dollar Tree

Pros

Access to great products. Reasonable hours.

Cons

Rude customers sometimes. Can be frustrated.

Improve communication on a local level. Sometimes we're left out of the loop. Offer opportunities for greater advancement.

Dollar tree employment

Former Employee - Cashier in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Dollar Tree

Pros

It would be a good first job as cashiering, if you just need a little extra money.

Cons

Because of min. wage going up, they no longer give raises for the employees yearly review. They only allow part time hours 15-20 hours a week.

Notice the hard working, faithful employees and compensate them better for their efforts. At least show some kind of incentive, even though min wage went up, giving an employee nothing but an "average" review, after being there for a year or more (which is when the review is done) doesn't show them any appreciation at all. Dollar Tree is a great company with respectful management, however, they don't compensate their employee's well or offer full time.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree