There are newer employer reviews for Dominican University of California

It has been a learning experience!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Dominican University of California

Pros

Great colleagues (for the most part)
Great pleace to grow because of the small school environment = a lot of opportunity to be creative.

Cons

Administrators compensation is beyond excessive!
Growth in student population doesn't mean growth in staff to support students.

Recognize what and where we are as an institution of higher education. We are not Berkeley, Stanford, or USF. Work with what we've got!

reviews filtered by
  1. Wonderful Community, Faculty Grossly Underpaid

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Dominican University of California as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing community of students, faculty, and admin. Colleagues are like family. Beautiful campus conducive to study. One-on-one faculty and student rapport. Faculty have a real commitment to students. A peaceful place to work but . . .

Cons

. . . Faculty members are grossly underpaid, especially adjuncts, many of whom have hung in there for several years with "promises" of significant pay increases that have not come to pass. No benefits for adjuncts. Adjuncts make 2/3's or less of other Bay Area adjunct positions, not even counting the absence of benefits and recognition.

Get serious about wage increases for adjuncts - we've been more than patient for a very long time. It's becoming embarrassing, don't you think? Dominican is a private, high tuition institution that should make a better effort of practicing what it preaches, beginning with fair pay for its dedicated faculty committed to the students and to the Dominican values.

2. Recommendation Letter

Former Employee - Accounts Payables in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Accounts Payables in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Dominican University of California full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Intelligent co-workers, higher education experience. Friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Nothing, it's a wonderful University. I wish that I could have stayed but new management always seem to change policy & procedures.

Nothing I can think of. They all are professional co-workers.

There are newer employer reviews for Dominican University of California