Dominican University of California

www.dominican.edu
  www.dominican.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Dominican University of California

It has been a learning experience!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Dominican University of California

Pros

Great colleagues (for the most part)
Great pleace to grow because of the small school environment = a lot of opportunity to be creative.

Cons

Administrators compensation is beyond excessive!
Growth in student population doesn't mean growth in staff to support students.

Recognize what and where we are as an institution of higher education. We are not Berkeley, Stanford, or USF. Work with what we've got!

15 Other Employee Reviews for Dominican University of California (View Most Recent)

Wonderful Community, Faculty Grossly Underpaid

I have been working at Dominican University of California as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing community of students, faculty, and admin. Colleagues are like family. Beautiful campus conducive to study. One-on-one faculty and student rapport. Faculty have a real commitment to students. A peaceful place to work but . . .

Cons

. . . Faculty members are grossly underpaid, especially adjuncts, many of whom have hung in there for several years with "promises" of significant pay increases that have not come to pass. No benefits for adjuncts. Adjuncts make 2/3's or less of other Bay Area adjunct positions, not even counting the absence of benefits and recognition.

Get serious about wage increases for adjuncts - we've been more than patient for a very long time. It's becoming embarrassing, don't you think? Dominican is a private, high tuition institution that should make a better effort of practicing what it preaches, beginning with fair pay for its dedicated faculty committed to the students and to the Dominican values.

Good place to work and study

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Dominican University of California full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Interesting work, supportive co-workers, tuition benefits, exciting time of growth for the university. Senior management has strong vision for future. Faculty very supportive and dedicated to students.

Cons

Not much in the budget for support staff, so everyone must get used to multi-tasking.

There are newer employer reviews for Dominican University of California