Dominican University of California

www.dominican.edu
  www.dominican.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Dominican University of California

My department offers a nice transition into the Career field for new professionals.

Current Employee - Career Counselor  in  San Rafael, CA
Current Employee - Career Counselor in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Dominican University of California

Pros

Small, community-oriented environment
Open communication and dissemination of information
Much of the staff and faculty are continual learners

Cons

Some processes are behind the times--need upgrades as far as streamlining processes like methods of communication

9 Other Employee Reviews for Dominican University of California (View Most Recent)

It has been a learning experience!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Dominican University of California

Pros

Great colleagues (for the most part)
    Great pleace to grow because of the small school environment = a lot of opportunity to be creative.

Cons

Administrators compensation is beyond excessive!
    Growth in student population doesn't mean growth in staff to support students.

Recognize what and where we are as an institution of higher education. We are not Berkeley, Stanford, or USF. Work with what we've got!

Wonderful Community, Faculty Grossly Underpaid

I have been working at Dominican University of California as a contractor for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing community of students, faculty, and admin. Colleagues are like family. Beautiful campus conducive to study. One-on-one faculty and student rapport. Faculty have a real commitment to students. A peaceful place to work but . . .

Cons

. . . Faculty members are grossly underpaid, especially adjuncts, many of whom have hung in there for several years with "promises" of significant pay increases that have not come to pass. No benefits for adjuncts. Adjuncts make 2/3's or less of other Bay Area adjunct positions, not even counting the absence of benefits and recognition.

Get serious about wage increases for adjuncts - we've been more than patient for a very long time. It's becoming embarrassing, don't you think? Dominican is a private, high tuition institution that should make a better effort of practicing what it preaches, beginning with fair pay for its dedicated faculty committed to the students and to the Dominican values.

There are newer employer reviews for Dominican University of California

Worked for Dominican University of California? Contribute to the Community!