Dominican University of California
www.dominican.edu San Rafael, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Collegial environment, bringing organization in line with the modern world

ProsColleagues in academic world are genuinely committed to students and strengthening of the University. Relatively strong new president with a challenging board of trustees. Some great staff members who tirelessly support the mission.

ConsHR function worse than bad and totally bloated while the rest of the organization is tightening its belt. I don't know of anyone who feels they can trust HR or its "leaders", rely on HR to do its job or rely on expertise of HR. Hiring is a nightmare. Many strong candidates lost because of lack of professionalism and support in HR. Weak technology department. Dorms in disrepair which causes students to move off campus. Weak admissions department.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on students.

Adjunct faculty

Adjunct Professor (Former Employee)
    San Rafael, CA

I worked at Dominican University of California as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: New science building has all the necessary services and tools to provide a great lecture. Great… Cons: Almost no interaction with other adjunct or full-time faculty. Parking… Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Like Family

Adjunct Professor (Current Employee)
    San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Dominican University of California part-time for less than a year

Pros: Extremely friendly, welcoming, supportive environment for new teachers Cons: None, things have been really wonderful Advice to Senior Management: Keep it up! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dominican University of California.

Worked for Dominican University of California? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dominican University of California reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Dominican University of California employees.