A company still undergoing massive change but headed in the right direction.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norfolk, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The management team knows there is room for improvement and is making positive strides to create change. The culture is very entrepreneurial. The people and offices are great. Lots of room for advancement.

Cons

Some policies are just plain dumb. There are a lot of people there that don't get the new direction and need to get flushed out. The company is still transitioning from print and the cultural and business changes that are needed are not yet complete.

Continue the positive steps you've made but really analyze the policies you have, particularly towards employees, and ask if they are a good fit for the kind of business you want to build. Does management really *believe* that the team is what needs to be the first priority? If so then there are probably a number of policies that are keeping you from hiring and retaining the best people. Look closely at those and Dominion will probably take another step forward.

Other Reviews for Dominion Enterprises

The career I never thought I'd have.

Current Employee - Web Development Manager  in  Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Web Development Manager in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

For me, there has been ample opportunity to grow in my field, though it did take time to get there. I have had a lot of on the job training for my current position, and for moving into a higher level position.

Cons

It took a long time to pay better for IT. This is something that is being rectified as time has gone on. Because of that, we are becoming more competitive.

Realize that print is going away and stop focusing so much sales energy on that. Print is dead.

It's a job.

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a job.
    You will learn a lot of new stuff.

Cons

Departments have extremely small budgets. Hard to move up. Bosses mainly care about the people making them money directly, not the folks who help.

Encourage those lower on the totem pole, they're your backbone.

There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises.

Worked for Dominion Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!