Dominion Enterprises

There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises

Little Changes

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company makes baby steps every so often. Downtown Norfolk is a great place to work.

Cons

Despite the little changes, the company still suffers from the same major struggles it always has. Middle management is inadequate. I've worked three weekends in a row but my boss has yet to even acknowledge the extra effort. I guess giving me a day off to help make up the overtime is out of the question since they put us on salary.

HR spends their time posting fake reviews on this site and saying "there are no cons".

Low pay is fairly standard but even if you're lucky to make a salary that's considered average for your job title, you still have to deal with the poor business models and management.

Wake up and revamp the company. Be a "fun" web company instead of a print company struggling to transition. Make sure your talent is happy and that middle managers are capable of doing their jobs.

338 Other Employee Reviews for Dominion Enterprises (View Most Recent)

A company still undergoing massive change but headed in the right direction.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The management team knows there is room for improvement and is making positive strides to create change. The culture is very entrepreneurial. The people and offices are great. Lots of room for advancement.

Cons

Some policies are just plain dumb. There are a lot of people there that don't get the new direction and need to get flushed out. The company is still transitioning from print and the cultural and business changes that are needed are not yet complete.

Continue the positive steps you've made but really analyze the policies you have, particularly towards employees, and ask if they are a good fit for the kind of business you want to build. Does management really *believe* that the team is what needs to be the first priority? If so then there are probably a number of policies that are keeping you from hiring and retaining the best people. Look closely at those and Dominion will probably take another step forward.

It's a job.

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a job.
    You will learn a lot of new stuff.

Cons

Departments have extremely small budgets. Hard to move up. Bosses mainly care about the people making them money directly, not the folks who help.

Encourage those lower on the totem pole, they're your backbone.

There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises