Dominion Enterprises

There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises

Great Experience with Dominion

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Norfolk, VA
Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Dominion Enterprises as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Dominion Enterprises has a great internship program.

Cons

I did not notice any con's during my summer internship. It was a great learning experience.

355 Other Employee Reviews for Dominion Enterprises (View Most Recent)

Not everyone treated equally

Former Employee - Engineer in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you can blend in with the furniture, you have a promising career at mediocrity.

Cons

Personnel are not treated equally. It's acceptable to throw a stapler across a room and injure someone; no disciplinary action. But expect to get sent home and fired over the phone if you're the victim of continuous harassment from another employee. And don't expect to be able to talk to HR or have a say in the matter.

Quit treating everyone like they're disposable. Provide training for upcoming projects, realistic deadlines and implement a change control policy.

Little Changes

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company makes baby steps every so often. Downtown Norfolk is a great place to work.

Cons

Despite the little changes, the company still suffers from the same major struggles it always has. Middle management is inadequate. I've worked three weekends in a row but my boss has yet to even acknowledge the extra effort. I guess giving me a day off to help make up the overtime is out of the question since they put us on salary.

HR spends their time posting fake reviews on this site and saying "there are no cons".

Low pay is fairly standard but even if you're lucky to make a salary that's considered average for your job title, you still have to deal with the poor business models and management.

Wake up and revamp the company. Be a "fun" web company instead of a print company struggling to transition. Make sure your talent is happy and that middle managers are capable of doing their jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises