Sales

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place if you put effort into it

Cons

Bad place for you if you can not produce

Advice to Management

Look past what is on paper about the people you hire. Most of the time they hire one who looks good on paper but has no clue of the industry.

Other Employee Reviews for Dominion Enterprises

DE continues to disappoint.

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Reasonable benefits. Fine for entry level, but not long term.

Cons

Low salaries and poor raises. They do not value their employees. They do not understand the life cycle of technology products or how to plan for the creation/evolution of the "next" product. Shortsighted; habitually rush inferior products to market. They would prefer to sell a poor product to 10 people for a nickel today rather than invest time and money in a quality product that will sell for $10 in 6 months to 100 people that will be lined up waiting for the product. Too many managers and not enough workers. Cronyism runs rampant in upper management. If one makes a bad decisions and/or wastes company funds, rather than getting fired or demoted, they get a lateral transfer or even a promotion. There are many companies that fall under the DE umbrella, and not all of those companies appear to be managed this poorly. Many of the former print companies successfully converted to web based businesses. I cannot speak to how well they are managed or how well they treat their employees. I am only familiar with companies that began as tech companies. There are many good people at DE including many in middle management. Unfortunately, they are not the ones making the important decisions. I have tried to keep my evaluation as unbiased as possible, but this is, after all, my opinion. However, having discussed these topics on more than one occasion with multiple people, I can assure anyone that my opinions are shared by many current and former employees.

Advice to Management

Managing a print or web based company that sells monthly or weekly ads does not give you the necessary background to manage a truly technological company. Hire someone at the executive level with proven technological experience in taking a product from inception through its life cycle while planning the replacement product and its evolution.

2. It is fairly good place to work.

Current Employee - Database Administrator Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Database Administrator Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, balance between family and job, works for future. It is flexible to work from home when needed. Management does not micro manage. They have a vision and plan and rewards the hard working employees.

Cons

The pace that this place runs is fast. One after the other projects keep piling up. You have to keep running sometimes gets tiring, But also keeps you going and never gets boring. Too many management structural changes.