Dominion Enterprises

www.dominionenterprises.com
  www.dominionenterprises.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises

Hurry up and go nowhere.

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best part about my job is that I have good co-workers. They make an otherwise soul-crushing day much better. There is also some scheduling flexibility, which makes it easier to balance work with kids and appointments that might happen. A casual work environment is also nice.

Cons

They pay extremely low to begin with, and you can expect no more than a 2% raise annually. When you get paid so little that it takes a year to earn $1 more per hour, there is something wrong. They have no money for raises, but they can fly people on a private plane to come to a four hour picnic and then home again that same day.

The account reps are already overloaded with accounts and the required minimum workload increases every day. They require us to do more and more with our jobs, but refuse to pay us more for the increased work load.

There is serious favoritism between management and subordinates in some departments. A person should not be allowed to be their best friend's supervisor, it creates a lot of animosity in the workplace amongst the rest of the department. Also, a supervisor who says they listen to employee suggestions, but then doesn't act on them is very frustrating. Worse, a supervisor who cannot accept criticism and deals with it by saying the offending employee has a bad attitude for disagreeing with them publicly shows very little maturity. People have begun quitting, and there seems to be no real plan in place to improve morale. Add this all on top of waiting for a new internal system that nobody ever seems to have any solid deadlines or answers about is frustrating. Meanwhile we lose account after account because our customers want a website that actually works with current technology. The way people are quitting, it makes one wonder how long it will be until that office closes and all of it is moved to Virginia. There is no real chance for any growth in this office. All of the moves are lateral, but the jobs are not a progression, you can be in customer service, or you can be in tech support, or take a pay cut and work in another department. It's like a maze with lots of dead ends and no cheese.

Promote better employees to be supervisors and if there is nobody in-house to promote, hire from the outside. Start paying your employees what they are actually worth, because there is no loyalty to a company that doesn't take care of its workers.

333 Other Employee Reviews for Dominion Enterprises (View Most Recent)

Only good as a stepping stone.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sussex, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sussex, WI

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In the Sussex branch there are some amazing people but they are all jumping ship now.
    Schedules are flexible as long as you aren't in one of the terrible departments.
    Benefits are decent.

Cons

Pay is horribly low. I had no idea it was so low until I got out of there. I took a new job that pays almost THREE TIMES the slary I was making there when I started. So only work here if you don't mind making low wages just to gain entry level experience but I wouldn't stay longer thana couple years.
    There are a couple department managers that are absolute tyrants and don't care at all about their employees. Then there are others that are wonderful.
    The ceo is an arrogant jerk that pushes his political beliefs on his employees freely in the stupid town hall meetings that everyone (even managers) fall asleep during.

Pay your employees what they are worth and listen to their opinions and maybe you won't lose them all. Oh wait.... too late.

Dull, No potential for growth & development

Former Employee - Graphic Designer  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time for less than a year

Pros

No micro managing. Able to work 7-4 rather than 8-5.

Cons

Management clearly didn't care about their employees. There was never enough work to keep the staff busy so most of the day was spent unengaged and bored.

Listen to employee suggestions. There are a lot of small ideas that could make working for Dominion way more satisfactory.

There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises

Worked for Dominion Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!