Dominion Enterprises

www.dominionenterprises.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises

Strive to be your best, but get no reward

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Sussex, WI
Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Sussex, WI

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had an excellent department manager during the 2+ years I worked at Dominion. 99.9% of my co-workers were a great resource. Good office culture. Flexible schedule, potential to work from home.

Cons

Too many to list. If you have a degree and are a PROFESSIONAL, you will be paid hourly and have to submit timesheets. They have been recently hiring temp workers to do busy work to replace the more higher paid individuals (which isn't that much). High turnover rate because of poor upper management and low pay.

I ended up leaving Dominion after only getting 2% raises each year, even after my responsibilities and skills had increased. They recently dished out 15% raises to keep the people they have remaining. I left the company for a career elsewhere that pays twice as much as Dominion and no cost benefits. The benefits at Dominion cost my family almost $300 a month but the deductibles are so high that it hardly covered any of our medical expenses.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees for what they are worth. Give them something to work towards position and pay wise

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Only good as a stepping stone.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sussex, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sussex, WI

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In the Sussex branch there are some amazing people but they are all jumping ship now.
    Schedules are flexible as long as you aren't in one of the terrible departments.
    Benefits are decent.

Cons

Pay is horribly low. I had no idea it was so low until I got out of there. I took a new job that pays almost THREE TIMES the slary I was making there when I started. So only work here if you don't mind making low wages just to gain entry level experience but I wouldn't stay longer thana couple years.
    There are a couple department managers that are absolute tyrants and don't care at all about their employees. Then there are others that are wonderful.
    The ceo is an arrogant jerk that pushes his political beliefs on his employees freely in the stupid town hall meetings that everyone (even managers) fall asleep during.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth and listen to their opinions and maybe you won't lose them all. Oh wait.... too late.

Egos rampant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some coworkers and team members

Cons

Full of egotistical upper management who make decisions to advance their own careers and promote their own agendas. Senior management is full of people who have made poor decisions and spent millions and millions of company money on failed businesses and projects, yet continue to be paid massive salaries and keep their jobs.

Advice to Management

Its not worth giving advice to people who won't listen