There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises

Get with the right division and you will be happy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

I love my job and I work around great coworkers. I think our management team does a great job of balancing the demands of our dealer/brokers and employees and for this reason we have a leading market share and a good team environment. The benefits plan is a little light compared to other companies within technology but its stable employment and compensation is okay.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints with our division. I think the parent company has problems at corporate HQ in Norfolk but it seems to be limited to one division or so. We recently incorporated another business unit into ours and its obvious there has been a lot of frustration over the last few years regarding the top VP.

Advice to Management

Make sure you are promoting the right leaders within your businesses. This is the reason that I scored senior managers low and disapprove of the CEO. Also, you should evaluate your benefits and compensation plan to make sure that you remain competitive as the economy turns around.

Other Employee Reviews for Dominion Enterprises

Run Quickly

Current Employee - Manager in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Norfolk, VA

Pros

Intelligent and capable employees who put forth a great deal of effort. Unfortunately, I can not think of anything else.

Cons

Mid and Senior Level management needs serious help and lack intelect. Low Pay. Poor Benefits. No Promotional opportunities. Division is run like a sweatshop, thereby squashing all creativity and team spirit. Mid and Senior Management micro manage every aspect of the department. Its a cube farm and we are treated like cattle.

Advice to Management

Clean house, understand that technology is your future. Print is the past. Remove one third of mid and senior level management. There are too many cooks in the kitchen. Employ managers who know how to manage and coach employees. Do not overlook some of the great employees you have. Make a more cohesive company, instead of 50 plus companies operating independently and competing against each other. You are tripping over dollars to pick up nickels. It makes absolutely no sense.

You get promoted in this company from not what you know but from who you know.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Norfolk, VA

Pros

A good starting ground, but that's about it.

Cons

Senior Mangement is not in tune and only want to take care of the "chosen ones". Seems to be some good operators in the field sales organziation, at least some who know how to treat people and motivate them.

Advice to Management

Quit changing the direction every month.