Dominion Enterprises

www.dominionenterprises.com
  www.dominionenterprises.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises

still here after all this time...

Current Employee - Sales in Virginia, MN
Current Employee - Sales in Virginia, MN

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises

Pros

good money, flexibility, and some good people, I have met some really good friends in my time here, convienent location downtown. The benefits are pretty good, not the best around but for the most part pretty solid, a couple of more holidays would make it an excellent benefits package i m o

Cons

some really bad, lazy and crazy people work here, double standards same general corporate bs you'd find anywhere--things aren't implemented in a timely manner...some management has no right to be in the position that they are in and they make seemingly impulsive decisions that make absolutely no sense.

more incentives for sales teams for achieving goals

343 Other Employee Reviews for Dominion Enterprises (View Most Recent)

An entry level job for a closed-minded company that takes its employees for granted

Current Employee - Sales in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Sales in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises

Pros

The only thing keeping me at DE is the money. If it wasn't for that, I would have been gone years ago.

Cons

Management is very closed minded and give off a definite corporate feel. They are more about heirarchy than teamwork, and all they care about is getting their own bonuses. They could care less about employees or customers. And when it comes to needing time off for personal reasons, you can expect a serious guilt trip, and more often than not, they will make you take vacation... even if it's for a funeral of a family member!!

Senior Management needs to learn to think about the future. They have fallen well behind their competition because they were so focused on the present. They are afraid to take one step back, even though it can lead to three steps forward. And over all, they really don't care about their employees. Each employee to them is just a number in a seat. The company loses a lot of talent because they are too focused on the heirarchy

KEEP YOUR RESUME POSTED - HOPEFULLY THE NEW OWNERS WILL BE BETTER

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises

Pros

Working M-F, no weekends, great location. I enjoy my co-workers, the environment is great

Cons

I worked in 1 department and applied for a few positions internally and some wanted me to accept the promotion without a pay increase since I made more than what they were willing to pay. Internal candidates for positions are sometimes based on who you know or if your manager knows the person doing the hiring. Maximum pay increase is 3%, some may try to get you more then the normal 3% but takes a minute and almost like you have to write what the employee did above and beyond. 3% is nothing to a person making 24,000 a year. The medical and dental benefits...payroll deductions are expensive.

Listen to your employees and stop thinking that their way is the wrong way. Also when splitting a company figure out the best way to do the split to avoid trying to sell it after purchasing a 56 million dollar building. Than you do not have to worry about why employees are looking elsewhere, its called job security. We do not have it at Dominion especially since you are trying to sell it. No guarantee that the buyer is gonna keep the current divisions. Communicate with us about the status of the company even if it has not sold, don't let us find out in the newspaper. Than when other departments are laid off, those employees had no clue they were being laid off and you cancelled their health insurance not recognizing that they may have small children on the insurance. You do not realize in less than week that you are considering laying off employees and than a few days later after the rumor they are laid off.

There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises