Dominion Enterprises

www.dominionenterprises.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises

still here after all this time...

Current Employee - Sales in Virginia, MN
Current Employee - Sales in Virginia, MN

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises

Pros

good money, flexibility, and some good people, I have met some really good friends in my time here, convienent location downtown. The benefits are pretty good, not the best around but for the most part pretty solid, a couple of more holidays would make it an excellent benefits package i m o

Cons

some really bad, lazy and crazy people work here, double standards same general corporate bs you'd find anywhere--things aren't implemented in a timely manner...some management has no right to be in the position that they are in and they make seemingly impulsive decisions that make absolutely no sense.

Advice to Management

more incentives for sales teams for achieving goals

reviews filtered by

Great place to meet professionals in the field. Terrible place for personal or professional growth.

Current Employee - IT Employee in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - IT Employee in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises

Pros

Dominion Enterprises is a large and varied work environment. There are thousands of employees of all backgrounds and technical proficiency. I believe it can be a great place to expand your professional network, and pick up new skills.

Cons

The company is large and out of touch with modern pay scales and work processes. We are focused on our internet products, but I get the sense that senior management doesn't use the web. Our products feel dated and our software design methods are behind the times. There is the mentality of "fix it now and fix it cheap" rather than planning for the future and building a stable product or processes to ensure the success of our future business.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Log on to Salary.com and compare your pay rates for lower and mid-level employees. Use your products or listen to those that do. Not just once in a while, but all the time. Trust the new guard, and stop protecting the old and proven to be lacking mid level leadership.

2. I love this place!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises

Pros

I love Dominion Enterprises. After work dead end job after dead end job, I can proudly confess I love my job. There are not too many people who have that prilivige. Even through transition, they have made it easier. The company has a kind of down home feel to it, that relates to all of it employees regardless of thier background and or location. Because we have office localed all over the United States of America, it makes the job more attraction to that person who needs to be on the move. There so much room for growth in this company it unreal. They are constantly adding new jobs to the company. They commucation with us what they need from us and what they are willing to do to make sure we got what we need to get the job done. The morale of the company is high. We know that our company is going to take care of us if we take care of it. You are constantly getting feedback from you supervisors so you can be more effective in you area and so that you move up in the company. The management team works for you. They don't forget what you do and what it takes to do your job.

Cons

The downside is parking. I can honestly say that parking is the only thing that truely bothers me. Wait, there is the fact that you can get fired without notice. That is kind crappy. Other than that I love my job.

Advice to Management

I give us more feedback with the changes that the company is going through. Please set the mind of your people to ease.

There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises