Dominium

www.dominiumapartments.com
  www.dominiumapartments.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dominium

local management level was the issue for me

Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager
Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager

I worked at Dominium full-time (less than an year)

Pros

excellent corporate culture with a very good "unbiased" attitude when it comes to race, religion, gender, etc. Truly competitive pay, decent benefits, nice uniform options to suit all styles and body types. Although I didn't get a chance to experience their Dominium University training programs I've heard they are great.

Cons

Poor management at local level, terrible orientation and initial job training. Can be very challenging working with the type of tenants who qualify for Section 8 housing. Also, compliance efforts are poorly managed company wide (too many hoops to jump through at home office instead of properly training staff members to begin with). At the location where I worked, the manager was cuckoo to an extreme and basically expected me to do every facet of the assistant manager, leasing, and secretarial work for the property by my third day on the job with a few hours of training by a temp agency's secretary who was not old enough to legally purchase alcohol. I am a professional and this did not work for me.

Ensure that property managers are truly qualified, mature, professional and effective managers. Take special care to TRAIN staff, particularly management staff, right from the beginning (DAY ONE) before they are thrown into the mouth of the lion with residents and managers. For an Assistant Manager, Day 3 on the job is not the day they should be expected to know and do it all.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Dominium (View Most Recent)

A lot of talk, little action.

I have been working at Dominium full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Dominium has a work hard, play hard environment which is satisfying at the beginning. It has a lot of potential to be a great employer.

Cons

Goals are not quantified or consistently communicated. Necessary decisions stall for long periods of time while staff sits in limbo.

Communication can go a long way to improve employee morale. It is frustrating to not see follow through by management. Management should take time to learn about the functions beneath them in order to accurately assess employees' contributions and department improvements.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Intern in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Intern in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Dominium as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great culture with fun and hard working people. Exposure to upper management is excellent, which makes it a great place to learn the business. Dominium is a growing company making it an ideal place to start your career.

Cons

The hours they expect employees to work can get to be too much. People at the home office are very driven and if you want to move up you are expected to put in long hours.

Keep doing what you are doing. Dominium is a great place to work. Make sure as you get bigger you do not lose the great culture you have created.

There are newer employer reviews for Dominium