Dominium
www.dominiumapartments.com Plymouth, MN 500 to 999 Employees

local management level was the issue for me

Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Dominium full-time for less than a year

Prosexcellent corporate culture with a very good "unbiased" attitude when it comes to race, religion, gender, etc. Truly competitive pay, decent benefits, nice uniform options to suit all styles and body types. Although I didn't get a chance to experience their Dominium University training programs I've heard they are great.

ConsPoor management at local level, terrible orientation and initial job training. Can be very challenging working with the type of tenants who qualify for Section 8 housing. Also, compliance efforts are poorly managed company wide (too many hoops to jump through at home office instead of properly training staff members to begin with). At the location where I worked, the manager was cuckoo to an extreme and basically expected me to do every facet of the assistant manager, leasing, and secretarial work for the property by my third day on the job with a few hours of training by a temp agency's secretary who was not old enough to legally purchase alcohol. I am a professional and this did not work for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that property managers are truly qualified, mature, professional and effective managers. Take special care to TRAIN staff, particularly management staff, right from the beginning (DAY ONE) before they are thrown into the mouth of the lion with residents and managers. For an Assistant Manager, Day 3 on the job is not the day they should be expected to know and do it all.

A lot of talk, little action.

I have been working at Dominium full-time for more than a year

Pros: Dominium has a work hard, play hard environment which is satisfying at the… Cons: Goals are not quantified or consistently communicated. Necessary decisions stall… Advice to Senior Management: Communication can go a long way to improve employee morale. It is frustrating to not see follow through by management.… More

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Plymouth, MN

I worked at Dominium

Pros: Great opportunity to learn and grow Cons: can be competitive. long hours. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Dominium.

Worked for Dominium? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dominium reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dominium CEO Armand Brachman. All reviews posted anonymously by Dominium employees.