There are newer employer reviews for Domino's Pizza UK

A reasonably social job, but overall very dissatisfying, mind numbing work.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Saint Neots, England (UK)
Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Saint Neots, England (UK)

I worked at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Generally flexible hours, good interaction with other employees, easy to work around other jobs/studying. As a CSR, very enjoyable if you're working with friends. As a driver, I enjoyed the freedom of listening to my own music while on deliveries, and enjoying my own company,

Cons

Low pay (minimum wage), difficult to get more house is you need the money (zero-hour contract, or course), and failure to be treated as a person by management. Would like more appreciation for going beyond the call-of-duty, so as not to feel taken for granted.

Advice to Management

Treat employees as humans, with interests and needs outside of work. For example if an employee expresses the need for more money, try to give them extra shifts, and if they say they need to leave early, try your best to let them go early, e.g. by maybe doing some actual work yourself, instead of just 'managing'.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. The work was not especially demanding but I felt like I was not at all important to anybody in management.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Aberystwyth, Wales (UK)
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Aberystwyth, Wales (UK)

I worked at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work was fairly straight forward and the hours at my store were quite flexible.

Cons

In the three years I worked at Domino's, I was never offered any opportunities for advancement. My wage was always at NMW level, which I felt was something of an insult considering the potentially dangerous nature of my work as a delivery driver. The driving force behind the running of the store always seemed to be numbers and targets, and never direct customer satisfaction. Employee well-being and safety seemed to be very low on the list of priorities set by Head Office.

Advice to Management

Show at least a little bit of respect to the people who do the work. On the several occasions that I had direct contact with anybody from Head Office I was often treated like I didn't really matter - certainly not like a person worth being polite to.

2. Challenging

Current Employee - Instore in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Instore in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible hours and a friendly atmosphere with colleagues.

Cons

Dealing with drunk customers instore is tough and tiring, standing up for long hours aches as well.

Advice to Management

More organisation is needed. Listen to staff a little more Area managers should be less authoritarian and more democratic